Whiskas Purrfectly Fish

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so this is about the only thing that Blue, Tessa, Stormie, and Bella will eat well Blue is eating everything now but thats the only thing she will eat almost all of it and it is hard to find something thats wet food that Bella likes, so we are buying them this it is new and well any one got any opinions on this food?? It says that there is real fish in it and what not and I mean any other cat foods would pretty much get wasted and well we can only find it at Giant Eagle and its about $5 for a box of 12 so I was wondering everyones opinions on this!!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought it was OK at first, but it is preserved with BHA/BHT & I don't like those in a food. There were some others things about it, but I cannot remember off the top of my head.

ETA: It isn't really something I'd feed.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think that's the equivalent of what we have over here - they call it 'Oh so fishy'!!! Melchett loves it best at the moment, although it smells awful!! - but to be honest as he is getting a bit old and fussy, I tend to give him whatever food he happens to like at the moment, as it is preferable to his not eating at all and then walking round giving me the 'starved cat' face!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TOO MUCH fish and ICK to the chem pres

I passed them over

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar snubs his nose at the ordinary whiskas wet (we have used it in 'omg we've run out of cat food how did that happen' emergencies), and it doesn't even look to me as if there's any meat in it. I can't imagine that the *ahem* 'premium' (in inverted commas) whiskas would be that great. As to what 4badcats says, yes of course it's better that your cat eats something rather than nothing! Better that than refusing food of course.

The best news for me is that now zooplus (a UK online pet supplier) has started stocking Bozita - great Swedish produced wet food which Radar adores and it costs just 17p per serving

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We also tried a pouch of it and all three turned their noses up at it and walked off. They're back to eating their normal wet foods.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wasn't a huge hit in my house either... meow mix premium on the other hand was quite a hit and it seems like a good deal if you don't mind all the fish. When they were done I got some rather pathetic looks (is that all there is?)and there was a lot of empty bowl licking.

I'll keep that as our fishy cheap treat food. My kitties just have low rent tastes sometimes

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We get it here in Spain, but in comes in those little tins........anyways, its an emergency supply for when we get the 'what on earth is this crap youre trying to give us' days - you know when you give them the same food that they´ve had for months, and all of a sudden its total muck

The kits have had it and I must say they cleared every bit out of the dishes, but on day 5 we are back to what they´d been eating before
cats eh

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ya see mine only like this and the meow mix pouches but I can say that I see more eaten from the plate for the whiskas than the meow mix, but its only this purrfectly fish kind
which is actualy alot more than meow mix here !!! But hey what can I say, u gotta feed them what they like
or else ur just gonna have alot of wasted food

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

The best news for me is that now zooplus (a UK online pet supplier) has started stocking Bozita - great Swedish produced wet food which Radar adores and it costs just 17p per serving
Oh that's good news! I ordered some stuff from there a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't listed but every time I've ordered in the past 6 months I've mentioned it in the comments section where it asks you if there's anything they don't stock you'd like them to stock. They've sold bozita dog food for a while so I knew it was only a matter of time.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

Oh that's good news! I ordered some stuff from there a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't listed but every time I've ordered in the past 6 months I've mentioned it in the comments section where it asks you if there's anything they don't stock you'd like them to stock. They've sold bozita dog food for a while so I knew it was only a matter of time.
I was going to e-mail them to ask them to stock it, and like you I have added it in the comment box on previous orders, but lo and behold they had added it to their list in time for my latest order
Not all flavours were in stock, but I managed to snag 12 cartons (48 meals
) and they got delivered today along with a load of fur mice (Radar has lost one of his already
) and a 40L bag of cat's best bio-litter which probably gave the delivery guy a hernia

Radar has scoffed his first meal of Bozita in a while, he loves it and at 92% named meat content and no antibiotics or hormones given to the livestock it comes from I am very very happy
Not to mention it's cheaper than many awful foods
Radar and my wallet are very happy