Feeling nauseous regularly

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anyone know what could cause regular nausea? I've been feeling nauseous for nearly 2 months now. It's generally after I eat, but sometimes (like this morning) I woke up feeling sick. I thought it was food related, but spent a couple of days eating just fruit, salads and vegetables and got just as sick. It doesn't matter whether I eat a plate of plain, steamed vegetables, or a big greasy meal - I get the same feeling of being sick.

On Friday afternoon I started feeling ill about 4pm, and finally got home, and spent 30 minutes in the bathroom feeling like I was going to throw up. I never do actually get sick though. My stomach is generally really unsettled and gassy as well, and generally uncomfortable.

I also haven't had a period in 2 months, so I figured I was pregnant, but at the doctors last week they confirmed that I wasn't pregnant. My hormones are doing weird things post-Depo Provera which could explain the lack of periods, but not the constant feeling sick.

Generally I feel sick once or twice a day every day. Sometimes I just feel a little lightheaded and icky, othertimes I am in agony and feeling incredibly sick.

I'm back to the doctor tomorrow, but would love it if anyone had any suggestions so I can go to the doctor a little more informed and ask good questions.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would ask for another pregnancy test (just incase). Otherwise I have no idea. I have gotten that feeling for no reason for a month or so but then it just goes away. Good Luck att he Dr.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I would also ask them to do another pregnancy test, then if that still came back negative, maybe ask them to check for ulcers or maybe by gall bladder or something.

Good luck at the doctors office.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about gall bladder issues? A college roommate went through this and she took the same BC. They gave her pills for IBS and stomach virus for the longest time. Finally they discovered it was from her gall bladder. She had it removed and the doc said it was from long use of BC.

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe the BC you are on is causing the nausea. I've heard of people who are on too high an amount of hormones for them getting "morning sickness" and nausea. One of my good friends just swapped from the Ring to a type of pill and she wakes up feeling sick alot right now while her body is adjusting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not on any BC at the moment because I'm trying to get rid of all those drugs from the Depo in my body and don't want to take any more hormone type things until I'm back to "normal".

I will ask about gall bladder issues though.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To be honest, I would check and see if you have an ulcer. I had one and I let it go until it perferated which almost killed me.

I felt sick every day, non stop for 2 months. I got to the point that I couldn't eat. I ended up drinking those liquid diet meals to sustain myself.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I'm not on any BC at the moment because I'm trying to get rid of all those drugs from the Depo in my body and don't want to take any more hormone type things until I'm back to "normal".

I will ask about gall bladder issues though.
That sounds like it could be the problem, I am not a doctor though, but some of my friends have had gall bladder isssues.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

To be honest, I would check and see if you have an ulcer. I had one and I let it go until it perferated which almost killed me.

I felt sick every day, non stop for 2 months. I got to the point that I couldn't eat. I ended up drinking those liquid diet meals to sustain myself.
I was thinking it was either an ulcer or a gall bladder problem too.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My roommate went for tests for this too. The symptoms can be caused by so many things. Now you have an idea of what to talk to your doctor about. Sarahp, I hope you feel better soon.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! That's horrible! I know there has been some bug going around, but it doesn't last much longer than 48 hours.

Definitely go get it checked out, cause if it turns serious, it could be bad!!!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry silly question , but what contraception do you use?
i had this implant thing in my arm , and every morning i would feel so sick, and sometimes a bit depressed but the sickness was always worse in the morning and evening. other then that i would go back to your doctors.
hope its nothing bad and that you feeling better soon.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This happens to me too ALL the time!!
In fact last night I just had to go to bed because it was awful!
I was fine all day and evening, then after dinner is when it hit me!! I feel for you hun. I know I wish I could pin point the cause of mine..........

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I often feel nauseous due to acid reflux - it's worse after I've eaten and when I wake up in the morning (when I've been lying down and gravity hasn't been helping to keep the acid in my stomach).

Definitely go back to your doctor, if it is something like that there are treatments that can help.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do get rechecked for pregnancy. One of my friend's had a blood test at the doctor's office that was wrong, even though her period was late. Gallbladder can cause it, mild pancreatitis (best friend just found out this was causing her GI problems last week), ulcers, and make sure they test you for the H-Pylori, bacteria, which can cause ulcers- I just got done being treated for this, no ulcers, but other stomach problems, like stomach aches, etc. Hope they find it soon and you are feeling better soon too.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to get sick from my BC, and I got it switched and felt much better.
Lets hope they can figure it out tomorrow!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

yea, same with me. Please go and get checked.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a couple of decades now, my constant companion is Nausea. Some doctors have told me that it's a symptom of pre-diabetes, but then I get my bloodwork done and everything comes out great, and I'm not pre-diabetes.

I'm more nauseous when I haven't eaten, so nothing sounds good to eat which makes me more nauseous, etc. and I've been told it's low blood sugar. I eat something small every couple of hours and that sometimes helps.

Please let us know what you find out, I'm very interested also. I hope the nausea is over for you soon.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch