What a stink

koukou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live near a farm.... I have just opened my door to take the rubbish out and have been 'hit' by the most awful smell! Yes it's that time of the year and the farmer is muck spreading.... I know this has to be done... but crikey what a whiff!!!!

Any one else live near farms and have this happen to them? It should fade in a day or two I know but for now it's windows shut!!!!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eek i know that smell very well
Theres farms near me but thankfully not that close, and my partner works on a pig farm in Scotland with over 3000 pigs so you can imagine the smell there

If ever i'm up at his and he has to work he comes home stinking. They have to shower when they go in first thing and then again when they leave, but the smell just clings to his clothing

First port of call when he gets in is the shower!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup! From my next door neighbors when they lay down the manure in their garden - fortunately I get rewarded for putting up with the awful smell when their beautiful flowers start blooming!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mmmm, the wonderful odour of pig poo wafting over the fields. That stink sticks to everything! We used to live out in the country near a pig farm and I know the odour only too well.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I drive by farms and if you know what's good for your nose you keep your windows rolled up during that season!! Eeewww what a smell!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to live (and my parents still live) in a house that backs onto fields - a council house in the middle of nowhere that used to be a tied cottage for farm workers. There were years when the farmer would use pig waste to spread on the field right behind the house

But tbh I am a country girl at heart, despite having lived in London since '94. I would rather take the stench of pig poo on the fields and the cows mooing all night when the moon is full, than the smell of traffic and the tate & lyle factory, and the sound of several million people not quite managing to get along with one another.

It's not like I'm going to be moving back to that part of rural Surrey unless I win the lottery though - I am one of the villagers who has been 'priced out' and I know I will never again live in the area I was born and raised

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Eek i know that smell very well
Theres farms near me but thankfully not that close, and my partner works on a pig farm in Scotland with over 3000 pigs so you can imagine the smell there

If ever i'm up at his and he has to work he comes home stinking. They have to shower when they go in first thing and then again when they leave, but the smell just clings to his clothing

First port of call when he gets in is the shower!
My dad has worked on hog farms since I can remember- I don't mind the smell, I got used to it I guess! Now its so strict around here, you have to shower in/out everyday, so I never smell it when I come home to visit! But I guess when I'm on a road w/ the farms and I smell it, it never bothers me!