This is bothering me

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad is on the other end of the trailor and he has his tv up so loud that it is loud to me and I am in my room I don't have a door to my room or I would shut it. I asked him three times to turn it down and he says its not that loud. I know he has hearing trouble but he should can hear things he doesn't want to hear and he tells us to turn it off. Like he can't stand for me to listen to the radio and gripes if it is on. Especially if he deems it "black people" music and this is driving me nuts I love my dad but he is really inconciderate sometimes and there is no changing him is there anyway without starting a conflict that I can make him see how bad his actions bother me.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry hun.........wish I could offer you some more advice. Maybe he will fall asleep, and then you can turn it down??

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a way you can connect an ear phone so your Dad can hear the TV but you don't have too. This way he can put it as loud as he wants and you won't hear a thing...just a thought.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure do understand.My husband works on a loud lobster baot all day. So his hearing isn'tas good as it should be. He blast the tv all the time hes home. Its annoying to everyone else in the house. I have a 2nd remote and I sneak the volume down just abit..

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

Is there a way you can connect an ear phone so your Dad can hear the TV but you don't have too. This way he can put it as loud as he wants and you won't hear a thing...just a thought.
I would do it the other way round, listen to what you want through headphones then he can't hear your music to criticise, and hopefully you won't be able do hear his TV.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

I would do it the other way round, listen to what you want through headphones then he can't hear your music to criticise, and hopefully you won't be able do hear his TV.
That sounds like a better idea to me.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad does the EXACT same thing. Normally my mom has to yell at him a few times before he will turn it down.
"Jim....are you deaf?!?!?! Turn down the t.v.!!!!" and he hates my sister's "rap crap" (which is all music made after about the 80's
)

I think the earphones are a good way, but I do think your dad should learn to turn it down...respect has to go both ways!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been thinking about getting ear plugs too but I really wish he would go to the doctor and see about getting hearing aids but he won't even think about doing it.