Practice Spanish

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok. Since no one's done it yet.. but there's some interest in it.

This thread is to Practice Spanish and/or ask questions.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hola a todo! (Hi everyone!)
Que tal? (What's up?)
Hablo Espanol un poquito, pero quiero conocer mas. (I speak Spanish a little bit, but I want to know more.)

These, of course, are the practiced lines.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hablas con Rigel (coolcat),mi amigo viva en Mexico....y hablan espanol au natural. (I hope that's right!)

actually, I'll pm him this link...I'm sure he'd love to help out!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
¡Hola! You habol español. Mi españpl hay...come se dice "rusty"?
No hablas mucho en dos años. No hay muchas personas se hablas español en mi ciudad. (Hello! I speak Spanish. My spanish is...how do you say "rusty"? I haven't spoken much spanish in two years. There aren't many people that speak spanish in my city.)

Te amo viarjar a España o Mexico, pero te amo cuadros de España, Mires muy bonita! (I would love to travel to Spain or Mexico, but I love pictures of Spain! It looks so beautiful!)

*Note-the translations are what it sounded like in my head, no guarantees that's actually what I said!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This looks like fun! (I wanted to say that in spanish but I have no idea how to say 'fun'??? en espanol!!!...and I'm the mexican-american one here!!!!)
Here are a couple of easy questions, see if y'all can shoot me an answer in spanish/english...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Como estas hoy?.........How are you today?

Como esta el clima dodne tu vives?......How is the weather where you live?

Que vas a comer para la sena?....What are you eating for dinner?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hilda >^..^<

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lo siento, yo voy a empezarla pero empiezas antes que you puedo!

(Sorry, I was about to start it but you did it before I could!)

Hoy, siento bien pero necesito hacer mucha tarea.
(Today I feel well but have a lot of homework to do)

El clima es malo hoy... hay nieve en el suelo pero ahora lluvia y todos los autos salpican me cuando regreso a casa despues del trabajo.
(The weather is bad today, there is snow on the ground but now its raining and all the cars splashed me on the way home from work)

Para la cena yo comi una pizza con pesto con mi amigo. Fue deliciosa!
(For dinner I ate a pizza with pesto with my friend. It was delicious!)

Lo siento pero no puedo hacer los acentos, y tambien si mis verbos no estan conjugen bien.
(Sorry I can't do the accents and also if my verbs aren't conjugated well)

Yo hago (?) la clase de espanol por muchos an~os. Hace once an~os empiece y ahora estoy en la clase que es casi el ultimo.
(What I am attempting to say there is that I've taken Spanish since sixth grade and now I'm in my second-to-last one).

Y ahorita, necesito hacer mi tarea de este clase, que es un presentacion sobre latinos en la soceidad norteamericano, e yo voy hacer una parte de el idioma en nuestra cultura.
(Now I have to go do my homework for that class, a presentation about Hispanics in American society, and my part is about Spanish in our culture.

Y Uds? Que tal?
(And you guys, what are you up to?)

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Voy a decirles una frase... mi mama estudiaba a ensen~ar el espanol cuando asistio universidad, y eso es su favorita.
(And let me share a rhyme with you... my mom was studying to be a Spanish teacher in college, and this is her favorite)

La sopa isn't soap, la ropa isn't rope, and butter is meant to kill you!

(sopa is soup, ropa is clothes, and mantequilla is butter)

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stupid question: What is the spanish term for dish soap?

(I was in a pharmacia in Puerto Vallarta once and tried to buy it. Being clueless, I asked for platos sopa, which I think translates to soup plates.)

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Liquid soap that you use to wash dishes, such as Dawn.
oh right...........well then thats.....

lavavajillas

which if you look up will just say dishwasher, but if you wanted the word for a dishwasher machine, well thats different again...........

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the most important sentence you'll need to know if travelling to Mexico:
Donde esta el bano? (Where is the bathroom)

Hola! Me llamo Katie
es todo....
(hello my name is Katie
that's all)

I took 3 years in high school and actualy wanted to be ceritfied as bi-lingual, but ended up dropping out of college. and this was about 10 years ago, so "m very "rusty" I hated conjugating verbs

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good Morning!

The Profesor is here!

Need something to translate? I can Help!

No importa que no esten bien conjugados los verbos, lo que realmente importa, son las ganas de tratar de hablar Español, solo con el tiempo podrás recordar que bien escribes y hasta lo puedes hablar!

(Translate: No matter how well are the verbs conjugated, the really most important is the will that you put to try another language!
, but also only with a bit of time you can have fluency on write and of course to speak!)

okay, shoot me!