7 years ago today...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walked into a video store looking for a copy of City of Lost Children. As I would find out later, the movie was stolen. I was so frustrated that it was gone I walked up to the employee and asked what had happened to it. When he relayed the fact it had been stolen, I sighed. He then offered to run to his apartment and pick up HIS copy of the movie for me to watch, but there was a catch. I had to give him my phone number and go out for a beer with him. I agreed because it couldn't have possibly been as bad as the last date I had been on where the guy ate all my French Fries.

That was the last date I ever went on, it was with my husband.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awwwwww isn't that lovely!
I just e-mailed him (we both work at the same company) he offered to buy me a cup of coffee!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I walked into a video store looking for a copy of City of Lost Children. As I would find out later, the movie was stolen. I was so frustrated that it was gone I walked up to the employee and asked what had happened to it. When he relayed the fact it had been stolen, I sighed. He then offered to run to his apartment and pick up HIS copy of the movie for me to watch, but there was a catch. I had to give him my phone number and go out for a beer with him. I agreed because it couldn't have possibly been as bad as the last date I had been on where the guy ate all my French Fries.

That was the last date I ever went on, it was with my husband.
hmm but did you get to see the movie?
just teasing , great story

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you two watch the movie every year? Or sometimes on that anniversary?

That's such a sweet story.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG that's so sweet I am all teary eyed now. That is such a lovely story and to think a thief kind of sent you two on your path to being husband and wife. I guess the man upstairs really does work in mysterious ways.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

OMG that's so sweet I am all teary eyed now. That is such a lovely story and to think a thief kind of sent you two on your path to being husband and wife. I guess the man upstairs really does work in mysterious ways.
We were half tempted to find out who took the movie and invite them to our wedding!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

That is wat I was going to say
that was such a beautiful story tho

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is definitely a different way to meet someone! I love it!

Congrats on 7 years!