Prem Baby - not much bigger than a pen

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This baby was born at 21 weeks , she wasnt much bigger than a pen
and just weighing 10 oz

She is now on her way home, click here for the story, the photo is a nurse holding her feet - look closely they are really tiny awwww

Great Happy News

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw thats wonderfull news and gives hope to so many other babys who are born that early. when my ashley was born early he had a good chance at being just 10 weeks early, but the doctors was worried that i was going to have him before the 24 week period. they told me that they wouldnt even try to save him if he was born that early as there would be very little chance he would survie more then a few days , and he would have so many health problems.
so its so nice to see such a happy story i hope he lives and long healthy and happy life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Ummm..can I ask a dumb question? Why was she born after 21 weeks?
all it says is that her mother had complictions
they are now saying she has to stay in a little bit longer just to be safe - bless her - she only weighs about 4lbs now !!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is amazing to me...so much has improved/changed since I was doing high risk Labor and Delivery. The youngest baby I was at the delivery for who made it was 24 weeks, which was quite something at the time.

I've been present for deliveries of babies as young as 14 weeks gestation, and 21, 22 weekers...that she's made it is an amazing miracle.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMGoodness...what a dear lil' one! From this tiny little thing to the BIG baby we heard about in recent weeks...these are some amazing stories! Thanks for sharing them y'all!

Hilda >^..^<

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

all it says is that her mother had complictions
they are now saying she has to stay in a little bit longer just to be safe - bless her - she only weighs about 4lbs now !!
Thanks I guess I missed that part in the article.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh yeah, i was reading this last night. I cant believe how tiny the baby was! They are so lucky she made it