I got a crock pot!!!! Yea!!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love my crock pot and will definetly post you some recipes . It's great for stew,soup and stock. I'm going to try my first roast in it sometime soon.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought the title said crack pot

I LOVE my crock pot... my favorite is putting chicken breasts in there all day with creame of chicken soup... mmmm... so good! Or pork chops with cream of mushroom soup, but John doesn't like that, so I just use water, but they are still super good! (With all the good seasonings of course!) But, the best is a roast... cooked all day long.... MMmmmm!!

Have fun with it Nikki!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I LOVE my crock pot... my favorite is putting chicken breasts in there all day with creame of chicken soup... mmmm... so good! Or pork chops with cream of mushroom soup, but John doesn't like that, so I just use water, but they are still super good! (With all the good seasonings of course!) But, the best is a roast... cooked all day long.... MMmmmm!!

Have fun with it Nikki!
What do you put in the pot when you cook a roast?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

What do you put in the pot when you cook a roast?
Usually just water and seasonings. BUT.. you can use a can of beer. It makes it really, really tender and tastes great! I don't use the beer, I've never had luck with it, it never makes it as tender as I like it, I stick with water, throw in some potatoes and veggies- a little salt, pepper, and garlic salt- and we're good to go!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

I love my crock pot and will definetly post you some recipes . It's great for stew,soup and stock. I'm going to try my first roast in it sometime soon.
Yea!! I can't wait for those recipes!
A recipe book came with it too so i'm going to have tons of fun experimenting with all sorts of yummy new recipes!

Have fun with it Nikki!
lol get your mind out of the guttar
/ your chicken recipe sounds sooooooooo good!!!! I'm definitely going to try that soon!
Thanks gorgeous!!!!!! What do you put in your roast? / I am going to try stew later on. I got russett potatoes, carrots, garlic, and onion to put in it along with all my seasoning and also a mccormic slow cooker stew seasoning packet and some beef broth to cook it in. Does that sound like it will turn out good?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Yea!! I can't wait for those recipes!
A recipe book came with it too so i'm going to have tons of fun experimenting with all sorts of yummy new recipes!

lol get your mind out of the guttar
/ your chicken recipe sounds sooooooooo good!!!! I'm definitely going to try that soon!
Thanks gorgeous!!!!!! What do you put in your roast? / I am going to try stew later on. I got russett potatoes, carrots, garlic, and onion to put in it along with all my seasoning and also a mccormic slow cooker stew seasoning packet and some beef broth to cook it in. Does that sound like it will turn out good?
Sounds great! Like I said in my above post- I just use water. Beer is good too, my mom uses that, but whenever I do, it never turns out as tender as I like. I just stick to water and it turns out awesome. I like to peel and slice my potatoes and put them in there to cook all day, that way they cook faster. John & I don't use any onions in ours, well, I would, but he doesn't like them.... so I just use a pinch of garlic salt, salt, pepper and sometimes some other seasonings, and it turns out yummy!
I let mine cook for a good 8 hrs to get it really tender!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love to toss a Pork Roast it the crock pot! We always just cook it in water with onions & the seasonings...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sounds great! Like I said in my above post- I just use water. Beer is good too, my mom uses that, but whenever I do, it never turns out as tender as I like. I just stick to water and it turns out awesome. I like to peel and slice my potatoes and put them in there to cook all day, that way they cook faster. John & I don't use any onions in ours, well, I would, but he doesn't like them.... so I just use a pinch of garlic salt, salt, pepper and sometimes some other seasonings, and it turns out yummy!
I let mine cook for a good 8 hrs to get it really tender!
Is it better to cook if for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low? Also lol that's funny about john not liking some of your ingredients. Me personally- i don't like carrots or potatos at all- but i'm gonna put um in there for Colin lol. I do like the flavor they add though so i'll just pick around them
(do you think i should add water & the beef broth or just beef broth?)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is it better to cook if for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low? Also lol that's funny about john not liking some of your ingredients. Me personally- i don't like carrots or potatos at all- but i'm gonna put um in there for Colin lol. I do like the flavor they add though so i'll just pick around them
(do you think i should add water & the beef broth or just beef broth?)
I've always cooked mine on low for 8 hrs and it turns out really yummy!!
I've never added beef broth, only water, so I guess I wouldn't know how that would turn out?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do a nice potatoe soup in the crock if thats up your alley i can give the recepie. I also do homemade sketti in the crock too..yumm

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

I do a nice potatoe soup in the crock if thats up your alley i can give the recepie. I also do homemade sketti in the crock too..yumm
Yummy!! Do you have the spaghetti recipe?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lb. ground beef
Chopped onion, to taste
2 (1 lb.) cans tomatoes, cut up
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (12 oz.) can tomato paste
1 c. beef broth (bouillon)
2 tbsp. parsley
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1lb spicey sausage (or mild)

Brown meat and onion in fry pan, drain off fat; transfer to crock pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over hot spaghetti. Can be made ahead and frozen.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lb. ground beef
Chopped onion, to taste
2 tbsp. parsley
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Brown meat and onion in fry pan, drain off fat; transfer to crock pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over hot spaghetti. Can be made ahead and frozen.
Oh my goodness!!!
That sounds amazing!!!!!
Thankyou soo much for the recipe! I will definitely try it out

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lb. ground beef
Chopped onion, to taste
2 tbsp. parsley
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

That sounds pretty easy, I'm going to have to try that for John!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh my goodness!!!
That sounds amazing!!!!!
Thankyou soo much for the recipe! I will definitely try it out
your welcome it is very very good makes my Steve drool everytime, lol and he eats it for three days straight, lol

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The most important thing I'd add is that with any recipe, you'll likely be given a time for high heat and one for low heat. Whenever possible go for the slower cooking with low heat.

The other thing to say is check out Cooking with Cattitude. There are several crock pot recipes in there.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

The most important thing I'd add is that with any recipe, you'll likely be given a time for high heat and one for low heat. Whenever possible go for the slower cooking with low heat.

The other thing to say is check out Cooking with Cattitude. There are several crock pot recipes in there.
Thankyou! I appreciate that!!! I'm trying out my new crock pot right now!!!!
I just spent an hour chopping up fresh veggies (garlic, onion, potatos,carrots) and fixed up all my seasoning and meat. I added beef broth and other seasonings and it's cooking now on low for 8 hours! I can't wait till morning!!!!
Thanks for the cooking with cattitude suggestion! I'm going to go check those out right now

your welcome it is very very good makes my Steve drool everytime, lol and he eats it for three days straight, lol
I can't wait to try out that recipe! It sounds soooooo deliscious!