Looking for Cat Name Websites - please!!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys - hopin you can help me out. I am looking for some websites with ideas for naming your cat. When I got Pebbles a couple years back I found a bunch that had the names divided into various categories and also some that let you pick according to your cats color, breed, or personality. Well, I apparently didn't bookmark these and my search tonite has turned up with some sites - but not very good ones. I also did a search here - and couldn't find anything.
Do any of you guys know of any good sites? I'm looking to get ideas on naming the shelter kitties I've taken Pics of since they don't have any names.

Thanks!!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just think of good names on your own silly..here I'll start you out:

Whiptail
Squeaker
Whiskers
Tetra
Piranha
Hatchet
Victoria

Hmmm, is there a theme here? A fish theme? I think so

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know the troubles of naming shelter kitties. I have literally run out of names. We keep the name of the cat if it's an adult.. but if it's a kitten and a name we've used before, we generally change it.
But the adults are our problem.. next one we get named Shadow will be Shadow X (10)
Also had lots of Angels, Tigers and Smokeys.

Here's a site we've used once
http://www.namenerds.com/irish/dog.html
And another
http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names.htm

I come to a blank when naming cats now. The last 3 that came in I named Breeze, Eclipse, and Gordita because she looked like my Gordito.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tolly is not on any of the lists, Ptotemy is obviously not a proper name for a cat

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
umm.......dont think Moofi's name is on a list either........as Troutmoms says we can help you

show us a photo(s) and then we can come up with some ideas.............aww go on you know we like the 'naming game'
and kitty pics

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

umm.......dont think Moofi's name is on a list either........as Troutmoms says we can help you

show us a photo(s) and then we can come up with some ideas.............aww go on you know we like the 'naming game'
and kitty pics
Its more fun that way than lookin at a silly website Lisa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are pictures in this thread:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115944

I just feel bad because they don't have names.
So, since I have to e-mail my pics in today, I came up with some names last night, but still will need you guys to help me out with names in the future. All the shelter kitties that the lady in our town takes in - she doesn't name unless they come with a name.
Not her fault at all, she cares about them very very deeply, she is just so overwhelmed that naming them would be very difficult. She also has never listed them on petfinder, she just does an adoption clinic every weeek. So the plan is for me to photograph them and for someone else to help list them on petfinder. Hopefully they will get a lot more exposure that way and get adopted out faster. I figured I'd suggest names as I photograph them as well so they have name when listed.
Anyways - for the little guys in that other thread I came up with the following:
1) The very first one was the only female and she was so quiet, soft, and delicate she just looked like a flower so I named her Petals. I think we have a Petals here and sorry I stole the name. She just looked so delicate sitting there.
2) The second little guy, Black and white, I named Emerson. He just looked like an Emerson. Almost looked "studious" while he was there. Like he could wear a pair glasses and a smoking jacket.

3) The third little guy, orange and white, I named Tabasco cause of his wild color.
4) The fourth kitty, tabby boy, already had a name, but it was Kitty Cat.
So we just shortened it to KC.
5) The fifth kitty, gray and white, I named Casanova because of his beautifully seductive dark green eyes.
6) And the last kitty, the little bengal looking boy, I named Nitro because of his funky coloring and his personality.

So those were my choices for these guys.
Maybe not the best, but I wanted websites because what I do is look at their pics, then scan the lists quickly and one name always jumps out at me. That's the name I pick. It's just always the way I've done it.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those sound great names! ANd I think, Anne, that Ptolemy is a good name for an exotic cat. I had a friend who named all her cats after Egyptian pharoahs, though she would proabably have rejected Ptolemy as being too Greek!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

Tolly is not on any of the lists, Ptotemy is obviously not a proper name for a cat
Ptolemy is a very proper and dignified name for a very handsome boy.
Strangely enough, the first cat I ever knew as a child was called Tolly, although it wasn't short for anything. He was my neighbour's ginger boy who used to come into our garden and was a very friendly cat. I don't know how often the names Radar and Sonic Boom turn up on lists of names, but I would think they are fairly uncommon too.

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

Ptolemy is a great name for a cat! Mica never comes up in any list the way we spell it, people ask if its pronounced Mike-uh like Formica

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure a few TCS Members would feel honored if borrowed one of their cats names for one of your shelter cats.

Really...take a look around, how many Patches are there, Lunas, etc are there? TONS! OK, maybe not that many, but there are plenty of names right here that are ideas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I'm sure a few TCS Members would feel honored if borrowed one of their cats names for one of your shelter cats.

Really...take a look around, how many Patches are there, Lunas, etc are there? TONS! OK, maybe not that many, but there are plenty of names right here that are ideas.
Hope so - it was Susies that I borrowed I think.