Science Diet delivery

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok has anyone used thier home delivery service(see on website they have number to call) Anyone know how it works, min orders? I am up to 7 bags a month so interested. thanks

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ryanjay

ok has anyone used thier home delivery service(see on website they have number to call) Anyone know how it works, min orders? I am up to 7 bags a month so interested. thanks
I haven't used a home delivery service. But WOW! 7 bags a month? Are those big bags? I don't go through near that many! Thank goodness!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have trouble with home service as the girls have decided to go raw again...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ya 7 20lb bags...24 inside cats..I also feed the outside cats(give or take 5 regualrs) always have dry friskies down but put out the good stuff if I see cat waiting-only cause birds and squirless tend to eat it. I was using 6 but since getting 4 new kittens in past few months and now they are growing up lol.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Definately never a dull moment at your place.. WOW and thank you for caring for that many

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ryanjay

ya 7 20lb bags...24 inside cats..I also feed the outside cats(give or take 5 regualrs) always have dry friskies down but put out the good stuff if I see cat waiting-only cause birds and squirless tend to eat it. I was using 6 but since getting 4 new kittens in past few months and now they are growing up lol.
Well I'm glad I don't have your food bill!
But good for you for feeding all those animals! You have a very good heart.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sharky I just had to laugh when I saw the raw...If I was doing raw I think I would just buy a whole cow
!!!! but seriously its a great way to go-when I got my Dusty(RB) he was VERY sickly. Abused for a year and food of any sort wasn't sitting well with him-did the raw for while then got him on a high canned food. They are all great cats and nothing like seeing them all chasing a laser pointer up and down hallway!!!! I even get strange looks from BJ(wholesale) employees for the amount of litter I buy(BLUSH)

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Far as the bill goes I try to stock up on sales and usually can grab bags for 25 a bag including tax. and when not on sale a few more dollars for the lot I get it at petco(buy 10 bags get 1 free) When I hit the sales I have been told I can only take a certain number of bags(I understand the reason but its embarrasing LOL!) Few years ago science diet used to give $3 off coupons in the sunday paper but I guess tehy stopped(used to buy them off ebay for lot of 10 coupons...and had all my friends/family clip them )

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ryanjay, sorry I can't tell you anything about how delivery would work, but just wanted to add my 2 cents here about Science Diet itself...

For the money you're spending on SD, you could be getting a far higher quality food.

PS- Thanks for taking care of all those little guys!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree- it will probably save you money in the long run. I believe that Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul and Felidae are about the same price you stated, and my cats eat a lot less of the Felidae (though I have to get the Chicken and rice-a little more expensive) than they did of the SD, and they look so much better, and their coats are much, much softer- and 3 out of 4 are seniors
. It would probably be worth checking into

For example:
Pet Foods Direct- 18 lbs of CS for $20.99
Felidae is about $27 for 20 lbs.

Here's a link for dealers in NJ for CS:

http://www.chickensoupforthepetlover...er_locator/NJ/

Hope this helps!

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tried CS years ago when it first came to the local petstore. Had about 10 cats then and wasn't to much interest in it. Going to go to store and try a bag see what they think of it now...Have to see how much it is, the 2 petstores that sell it south of me are very pricy-science diet 20lb bags are about 35 there!!!! I do see some stores listed a bit further north(not by much) so will see how they are. Is this food never sold at petsmart/petco? let you all know what happens

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can get Chicken Soup here for $23-26 a bag. It's a big bag... I believe it is more then 20 lb. At least that's what the store told me when I called on it.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen it at Petco or Petsmart, but if you have a Pets Supply Plus, they carry it. Also, sometime odd places like feed stores will carry the better brands. I just got the phone book and started calling around when I went looking for it and the Felidae/Canidae. Maybe a smaller place could give you a break on the price if you are going through that much at a time. Good luck!