salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, what a good boy Puff was! He took that bath like a real man.
And he has a sweet little meow for a big boy.

fluffysimba

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He was such a GOOD boy!!! I have only one of my cats who doesn't freak over baths. Puff did fantastic! It was funny though cuz it was like 3 minutes and then he was like, OK I've had enough!!! lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fluffysimba

He was such a GOOD boy!!! I have only one of my cats who doesn't freak over baths. Puff did fantastic! It was funny though cuz it was like 3 minutes and then he was like, OK I've had enough!!! lol
lol. Yeah he had to test me a bit. I knew it was coming. I did expect a bigger fight than that. (As you can tell from the gloves....lol)

fluffysimba

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww he was really a good boy.

I have Samson who the first time I gave him a bath I about couldn't finish cuz of laughing so hard. He literally stood on his hind legs with his body rigid and his face looking up, his front legs straight up in the air - imagine a *i* shape and then he proceeded to bounce up and down like a bunny!!!! It was soooooo hilarious and I'd never seen a thing like that before. The kicker is his daughter does the SAME thing!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fluffysimba

Awww he was really a good boy.

I have Samson who the first time I gave him a bath I about couldn't finish cuz of laughing so hard. He literally stood on his hind legs with his body rigid and his face looking up, his front legs straight up in the air - imagine a *i* shape and then he proceeded to bounce up and down like a bunny!!!! It was soooooo hilarious and I'd never seen a thing like that before. The kicker is his daughter does the SAME thing!
hehe. That does sound funny. Got pics or a video?

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

aww, he was a very, very good boy

sorry I dont know the background to Puff, do you have to bath him for a reason
I don't bathe him very often. This is the first time since adopting him. I at least try to do it every so often so when there is a real reason (such as health issue or he gets into something) I won't have so much of a fight. Yesterday was pretty much for him to get use to the idea. I don't know his background so I have no idea if he's had one before.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

This is the first time since adopting him.
Yesterday was pretty much for him to get use to the idea.
oh well thats a good idea and it seemed to go fairly smoothly then

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wasn't he a good boy! Love his attempt to get away though, it was 'right that's enough of that' and the lunge out of the sink

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my 34 years I have never bathed a cat before and I dont plan on it. I think they'd kill me for one, and I dont think its really necessary 'just because'. Cats are self-cleaning

Cute pics.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

In my 34 years I have never bathed a cat before and I dont plan on it. I think they'd kill me for one, and I dont think its really necessary 'just because'. Cats are self-cleaning

Cute pics.
Yes but as they get older some stop cleaning themselves as good as they usually do. Not to mention if they get sick (like Diarrhea) I'm not about to wait for him to clean that up.
It's easier to get them accustomed to a bath now instead of wait for the necessity to arise and be fighting a cat that is all of a sudden plunged in water. Especially if he/she isn't feeling well.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He really didn't seem to put up that much of a struggle- with Radar I'd expect to lose a finger

He certainly must trust you a great deal