Does cat poo smell like vomit?

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im really starting to think that Samantha may be doing her business outside the box. The other day while cleaning the kitchen I noticed an absolutely disgusting smell. It smelled like throw-up, and because one of the cats did vomit in the kitchen a while ago, I thought they might have done it again. So I checked all over the place, threw out the trash, mopped, etc and the smell still wouldnt go away. Well the next day I discovered what I thought was vomit, covered with a sparkly ball.

Sorry if this grosses anyone out but it was sort of poo texture, but it smelled like vomit. Maybe it was because it wasnt 'fresh'? Well thats what I thought but this morning the smell seemed a bit stronger, and when I look under the table I see a tiny little 'pellet'. Im not sure if this is something that remained from the mystery substance I found under the table, or if Samantha is pooing outside the box! (I know its not Ceci, shes an angel...lol)

So all in all, does cat poo smell like vomit, or am I just being paranoid and they are really throwing up?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could it have been a hairball? Vomit in the shape of a poo - I nearly died the first time I saw one wondering what it was and if I needed to call the vet.

Also as you're pregnant your sense of smell is likely to be heightened and very sensitive at the moment, making things smell stronger and sometimes different than they would normally

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Epona has a good point...when cats vomit up undigested food, with or without hair - it can be turd shaped. Yucky, I know.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had one like that the other week , but i saw them throw it up.
then in my room 2 days ago i noticed ( well nearlly steped in) what i thought to be a bad case of lose stools. nope it was cat sick lol. but since then no one has been sick so fingers crossed that no one is sick,

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ferris had poo bum again the other day, and left a nice long smear for me on the kitchen floor.

Trust me when I say that cat poo smells just like poo, and there is just no mistaking it for ANY other kind of smell!

Poo is as poo does.

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Singa had this tube shaped vomit once. Thought is was poo as well. I still find it awkward that it comes out like that

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Eeew! lol, youve all helped a bunch! Im sure it smells just like vomit, but just looked extremely weird.

As of today though, no more poo-mit and my kitchen is on its way to smelling good again!

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Ferris had poo bum again the other day, and left a nice long smear for me on the kitchen floor.

Trust me when I say that cat poo smells just like poo, and there is just no mistaking it for ANY other kind of smell!

Poo is as poo does.
soooooooooo true....sounds like hairballs to me....maybe try some hairball paste.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furry4fury

soooooooooo true....sounds like hairballs to me....maybe try some hairball paste.
Did I mention it was disgusting?

I think it just may be hairball, and I am 100% sure its Samantha. She insists on grooming herself plus grooming Ceci bald!