Now Ferris, you really must stop taking advantage of Ginger's cat naps!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd originally thought that since she's a tortie that she'd automatically be an alpha kitty - plus she was in our home first, so I thought that seniority would count toward something, but Ferris seems to have different ideas about who is Top Cat in our house. He's developed this new habit of dominating her while she's napping.

She'll be lying there taking a nice little snooze
minding her own beeswax, when Ferris will slink up to her, walk right up to stand over her head and then bite her in the throat or on the back of her neck. That's it, just bite her to show her that's he's the new boss in town.

Poor Ginger kitty - she doesn't like that one bit, being woken up that way.
Her eyes snap open and she tries to bop him on the head and bunny kick him away from her at the same time. Then as soon as she breaks his hold on her, she jumps up and runs away.

My poor little Ginger girl. She really is too sweet for words.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Poor Ginger
She's probably thinking "Mom, make him stop!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Poor Ginger
She's probably thinking "Mom, make him stop!"
I think it's more along the lines of; "Things were just fine BEFORE, I don't know why you had to bring THIS guy home with you!
"

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, that little devil is torturing Ginger?

Send him over here, we'll see how long he lasts with Trout..she is NOT sweet at all

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yes, I know that look well. Ophelia gives it to us every time she even sees Ginger (we're working on getting Ophelia to accept Ginger's right to exist...I think we're making progress on that end, they can sleep in the same room together now).

Poor Ginger! Ferris is just cramping her napping style!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Ginger! She is such a tolerant little girl....I would've thwacked Ferris upside the head good!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kandie and Zoey have that issues too....

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ferris is just feeling his little boy "oats"! Ginger just needs to assert herself a little bit - he'll get the message! Sometimes Mollie does something mean like tha to Sophie, "just because she can"!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomas does this to Sho too, seems to be part of being a male kitten, he wants to be top cat. Sho, despite being a very big kitty does not fight back at all, he's just too gentle to really do anything about it.

Sometimes I put a stop to it and distract Tomas with a toy or a game of fetch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Ferris is just feeling his little boy "oats"! Ginger just needs to assert herself a little bit - he'll get the message! Sometimes Mollie does something mean like tha to Sophie, "just because she can"!
Oh, Ginger asserts herself alright!

That's why Ferris only tries to dominate her when she's sleeping!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ginger'll have to learn to sleep with one eye open! mine aren't sneaky at all, they do this when everyone's wide awake