Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a couple close ups of Shelly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooops, I put this in the wrong place, could one of the mods move it to Pet Pics? Thanks!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yay, thats amazing, I´m going to look at some baby tortoises today !! Heres my thread about it - so if you have any tips !! How old is Shelly - love the name

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww did you name her Shelly because she's got a big old shell on her? That's just so sweet and clever!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, the first thing I thought of when I saw the pictures was a baby dinosaur hatching out of an egg! They're such cool animals and so wonderfully ancient.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!!

I am sorry mooficat, I haven't got back to this thread until now.
I really have no clue to Shelly's age. Shewas already named when she came to us about a year ago. She belonged to a co-worker where my sister worked and the co-worker didn't want her any more...I guess the novelty wore off.

My best advice is to read all of the information you can about turtles before you get one.

They need the right environment and foods to thrive.
Different types of turtles have different needs so you will need to know what species of turtle you will be bringing home.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Give her some cuttlebone and feed her off of a flat rock or unglazed dish (like a clay terra cotta saucer), it will help wear down her somewhat overgrown beak.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormy

Thanks everyone!!

I am sorry mooficat, I haven't got back to this thread until now.
I really have no clue to Shelly's age. Shewas already named when she came to us about a year ago. She belonged to a co-worker where my sister worked and the co-worker didn't want her any more...I guess the novelty wore off.

My best advice is to read all of the information you can about turtles before you get one.

They need the right environment and foods to thrive.
Different types of turtles have different needs so you will need to know what species of turtle you will be bringing home.
well thanks for the information, the babies I went to see are so cute, they are Greek tortoises and they told me that there are wild Spanish tortoises all around where we live. They went to see some environmental people about letting the Greek tortoises out in the wild, cos the ones they have keep breeding. Anyways they were advised not to as they dont really know how the two species will 'mix'.
I´ve decided not to have one.....reason being a little stray black kitty came into our lives last week, so we are a bit busy with him