Licking things.

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does your cat lick things? It's very strange. Spooky likes to lick anything made of a stiff polyester. At first I thought she just liked my polyester pants because they were full of junk and food particles from working in a restaurant. But my nice shirts from my other job, she likes to lick those too.

Why? I need to know.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe the restaurant pants trained her to expect something good from all your clothes! Or maybe she's trying to help with the laundry...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bakker loves licking things-he is esp fond of our toothbruches (gross I know).
I think they lick when they are happy???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Maybe the restaurant pants trained her to expect something good from all your clothes! Or maybe she's trying to help with the laundry...

It could be that she's searching for the tastey things when she's licking my clean clothes.

I try to keep things out of her reach because the licking sound on the fabric is very disorienting.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LorEye

Does your cat lick things?
It's very strange. Spooky likes to lick anything made of a stiff polyester. At first I thought she just liked my polyester pants because they were full of junk and food particles from working in a restaurant. But my nice shirts from my other job, she likes to lick those too.

Why? I need to know.
On Friday nights, the late show with David Letterman, features FUN FACTS. One of these was: "Cat's spend 85% of their life licking something"

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Neely just started licking the family room window. She has never done this before and we thought maybe she enjoyed the cold taste.