How do you keep track....

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
of each other. I come from a very small cat forum and I am amazed at all the cat folks that are here. I have even written down some of your profiles so I kinda know who you are but I couldn't possibly do all of you. Newbies keep joining also. Do you all know each other or just some people.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, good question. I only know the members that have the same kinda of addiction I have. Its easy to keep track of people that are on every single day and ones that post alot.

Members that are new or that do not post alot, I have a hard time keeping track of though.

You would know us all eventually if you spent as much time here as we do

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it comes in time I have been here since 05 and don't know everyone.... it's a lot to take in in one swoop. But everyone is really nice and will answer any questions you might have. We are an open bunch of people.

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are right...even though I don't post here as much as some, I have come to "know" many of the members.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know many members that post a lot. I know of members that lurk & post every once in awhile. I try to keep up, but it's hard! I've seen you post LaRussa...but I know that I don't remember much about you. In a few months time, I expect you to be one more familiar face here!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people (like Trouts Mom and I) are addicted and spend all our time on here and still don't know everyone.

Obviously the people that post all the time are more noticeable and therefore more well known.

I have trouble remembering everyone, and tend to remember a lot of people just by their sigs and then get really confused when they have a sig with just one of their cats

But everyone makes friends pretty quickly and will know you soon

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Some people (like Trouts Mom and I) are addicted and spend all our time on here and still don't know everyone.
Same here

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It also occurred to me it's like school. You don't know everybody and know some better than others. The longer you're there, the more you know.

And that is my bit of wisdom for the day. Now my brain hurts.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know anyone here irl so it is hard to keep track. And the only way i remember first names is if someone else says it in the thread!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Hmm, good question. I only know the members that have the same kinda of addiction I have. Its easy to keep track of people that are on every single day and ones that post alot.

Members that are new or that do not post alot, I have a hard time keeping track of though.

It's pretty much the same for me. For those who are as addicted as i am- i know quite a few people or at least recognize quite a few names. I try to learn the newbies as well so that i can make them feel welcome too
but it does get confusing with the vast quantity of members

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Gotta say I agree with Natalie here. I know those that are on every day (and often all day
) like I am. I try to learn names of those as I go, but it often only sticks when I have a interaction/conversation with them in a thread or via PM. Don't worry, it'll all stick eventually.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know there are some members who are friends IRL, or even related, but they are in the minority. Since I joined I have met a few members in person, as there are occasional meet-ups organised. But I guess that you become more attuned to those of the same age, or the same number of cats, or the same problems, or just because you like the way they post and present themselves. I can say that there are so many people here that it is certainly possible to make friends, and if you manage to eventually meet, that is a bonus but not essential for the friendship! And it is great to get to read posts from people all over the world, not just about their cats, but their opinions on a variety of subjects.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well thank you all for your posts in answer to mine. Yes it will take awhile for me to get to know names etc. I have been here just about every day since I joined and do see a lot of the same people and it does make it easier to remember. But I'm a senior citizen and the memory is not like it used to be

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually remember people by their sigs and avatars...can get kind of confusing when they change them.
But I do remember alot by their names...I have a good memory I guess.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I joined back when there were only 100 members. Those were the fun days. Lots of comraderie, and everyone knew each other because we managed to meet on an almost daily basis. Now, the board is so large that a certain part of that magic is gone, replaced by a wider base of knowledge and people speaking from all points of the globe.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I joined back when there were only 100 members. Those were the fun days. Lots of comraderie, and everyone knew each other because we managed to meet on an almost daily basis. Now, the board is so large that a certain part of that magic is gone, replaced by a wider base of knowledge and people speaking from all points of the globe.
Wow... 100 members! Did you ever think it would end up being this big? All of us crazy members?