It was worth the $20.00

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH made the mistake of bringing home whole bean coffee last week when he went to the grocery store. Due to the destruction of my last two coffee grinders by 8-Bit knocking them off the counter onto the floor, I was forced to go out and buy a new one.

As I sip my coffee I remember why I love fresh ground as opposed to pre-ground. It's worth the $20.00 for the grinder. Now I just have to remember to put it away every night so that I don't have to go buy a fourth!

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure you lock the cupboard incase 8-Bit decides that Dr Claw's initiation rite is to make sure you have to get a fourth one

I love your sig too BTW

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah steve loves his Obsidian from Caribu in whole bean,its a treat he doesnt get it much sinceits like $13 for one little bag.but he seems happy with it.

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Extra flavor and aroma with freshly ground beans. Try a mix of Columbian and Kenya. Good!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only buy whole beans and grind them fresh every 3 days or so. By I burr grinder which lets you pick how fine or coarse you grind the beans.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grind about once every 1 or 2 weeks. During that time I don't grind I keep the grinds in a seal-safe canister.

I can't go back to the pre-ground. It's just not the same.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the smell of coffee, in Italy they grind the coffee a million times a day and the smell of it is just wonderful!

Now i miss my dad having a coffee machine at home!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a coffee maker that grinds the beans just before brewing! I love the smell so much and the flavor really is fresh. I keep my beans in the freezer (someone told me that they will stay fresher that way) Freshly brewed coffee - my favorite morning ritual!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Now I'm going to have to go out and buy a grinder. As much as I like coffee I'm sure I'll love it.