Let me see your rooms!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So yesterday I was cleaning my room and decided it was time for a change. I moved the bed to the other set of double windows and moved the dresser. My room is huge though and I was wanting to put a wicker love seat and a glass top table to have seating area in front of the closet. But I need some ideas on colors my room is currently a bright shade of a darker blue color (If that makes sense) with white accents. I was thinking of adding yellow or another bright color to add some pop.

Let me see your room!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Different shades of (lighter) blue would be pretty, I think, in your room. Post a pic!

Our bedroom is pretty boring - a small bedroom (house was built in the 1930s) with a king-sized bed in it. Imagine a room filled with bed!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My room is tiny..and there is this hideous flower border than I am so embarassed of, but not sure if I am allowed to take it off.

I love my bedset though, its blue with a cool design, and I have an awesome blue rock mirror from Ikea on the wall. It matches my bed

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always thought yellow looks lovely with blue. You could have an accent wall (big on Trading Spaces) of yellow to offset the rest. I have one dark red wall and the rest of the walls are creamish-pinkish. The red wall is lined with mirrors to make the room look bigger. In my living room, the same thing, one dark brown wall with sponging of tan and the rest of the walls are light tan. Good luck and it would be fun to see some before and after pics!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
SHow me yours and I'll show you mine!

It would be good to have before/after pics.
And I agree that a yellow accent wall would go well with dark blue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will have to take a pic of it this afternoon. I forgot to yesterday. I forgot to mention there is a dormal (dormer??) and the ceiling by that is sloped a little. I will get pics for you!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every room in my house is painted 2 tone green, lighter walls darker trim and the door are all white, some shading in the walls that are recessed, Ceilings are all white. I have Red & White in my Kitchen and the downstairs family room and not alot goes with red, but once we actually picked the 2 greens, I said hey do the whole house, and I Love it. Plus we did the crown molding in the darker green, Upstairs is the same colors, it's pretty much a trend to do the whole house the same. The pictures are blurred some

Family room downstairs

Kitchen

Formal dining

Part of the Formal Front room Couch and stuffs on the other side of the room

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooo, Lois I love your home! Very pretty!

Phenomsmom...did you want to see only our bedrooms or can we post other pics as Lois has?

Hilda >^..^<

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's mine! (warning, i am very eclectic and Tristan has bought me alot of toys :p)

tidy desk (it really is...i just have alot of stuff)

my little egyptian corner

books/toys/witchy stuff

more books

favourite corner of the room

Even after being here 8 months im always moving stuff around and trying to find what feels most comfy and perty lol

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I would show you... but it would be embarrassing! I promise I clean
sometimes

But once I get my new computer with the camera built in, I will make sure and take you a picture of my room and my other room. (Yes, I have two... a bedroom and a living room with a kitchen in the corner, less you count the bathroom too small for a golden retreiver to turn around in)

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite house in the whole world, Lois's!! I hope to someday have something this gorgeous!!!

Originally Posted by halfpint

Family room downstairs

Kitchen

Formal dining

Part of the Formal Front room Couch and stuffs on the other side of the room

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lois, I like the colour of your walls. I was trying to go for a shade like that, but ended up with a much more greeny green if you know what I mean?

Here's my bedroom -

and my dining room. I just love this colour
-