Do you have a "squeaker" ??

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I do I do!!

Wanna know what Im talking about?

That would be a very excited cat...when she gets to purring, she squeaks!

You have one(or two, or three,etc) that do that? I just think its so sweet.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I have a sort of squeaker cat, LOL! Luna doesn't really meow, she trills excitedly when she wants attention or basically anything. It sounds like she's got a squeak, it's cute.
Neffie meows and growls all in one, it's kind of strange. But she just does it when she wants attention.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glory's nickame was 'Squeeks' and Noodles squeeks too. Not necesarily when excited, but whenever jumping up on my bed at night with me Glory would make a squeek. Noodles does about the same. She mostly makes silent meows, but most audible ones are a squeek.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My angel kitty, Spooky, used to squeak when she purred. I used to think she was so happy when she did that, because she'd close her eyes and tilt her nose up when she did it. It was absolutely precious!

Pookie & the girls

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miagi will squeak if I scare him by picking him up and he doesn't realize I am there. Tiger on the other hand will if he wants down when I am holding him.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scampi Marie doesn't meow, she squeaks like a mouse. It's very cute

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! Squee meows very rarely. She loves to trill and squeak, hence her name.

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wish Harriet squeeked. She is apparently an old lady who has smoked for the last 30 years (or at least that's what it sounds like)

It's an aquired taste to think her meow is cute.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandma had a cat that would only squeak at people, never meow, that he saved for other cats. I think it was because he knew the squeaking would get a good reaction and get him babied.

angi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the process of moving from So. CA to So. WI!!
Thought I'd bump this thread instead of starting a new one.

My cat squeaks sometimes, but not while meowing. It's when I pick her up, & sometimes just when she stretches or flops onto her side.

Is it normal for her to do this?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really a "squeak", but when Abby is really into a cuddle session she has a wide range of purring sounds... kind of like cat mixed with pigeon... a cooing-thrill sound. Odd but darn cute!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Angi

My cat squeaks sometimes, but not while meowing. It's when I pick her up, & sometimes just when she stretches or flops onto her side.

Is it normal for her to do this?
No, I don't think that's normal. You might want to get her checked out at the vet to be sure she isn't sick. I had a cat that would make an odd sound when she was picked up and I took her to the vet upon advice from a friend and sure enough she had a UTI and needed medication.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Not really a "squeak", but when Abby is really into a cuddle session she has a wide range of purring sounds... kind of like cat mixed with pigeon... a cooing-thrill sound. Odd but darn cute!
oh, i know that sound! Pixel does it, too - i call it her 'murrow' half purr/half meow - so sweet!