Now this is a cake I can have!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got around to making the diet cake! Now Jerry wants to take it into work tomorrow, so I guess I'll have to make another one for us/me!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is this a 'diet' cake? Looks good! I can see you sprinkled powdered sugar on it instead of ooooey gooooey frosting...that's a good start. What else did you do to make it diet...apple sauce instead of oil?

Hilda >^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Why is this a 'diet' cake? Looks good! I can see you sprinkled powdered sugar on it instead of ooooey gooooey frosting...that's a good start. What else did you do to make it diet...apple sauce instead of oil?

Hilda >^..^<
There's a thread about this somewhere but I'll be darned if I can find it....

All it is is any chocolate cake mix and one 12 oz can of diet Dr. Pepper.....that's it!

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
if you need lot of great fat-free recipes I have oodles! Like a great brown sugar sauce for the top of that cake.
very tastey.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Diet Cake thread is not in The Cat Lounge it's in the PL, but basically it's just a cake mix with a can of diet soda in it and that's all and you bake as directed but do not put any other ingredients in it, and I made it with a Diet Dr. Pepper and it was delicious!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just the cake mix and stir in a regular sized can of Diet Pop and pour into muffin tins or a cake tin.

It just tastes like cake. I couldn't taste the pop at all and I know a few others who tried said the same thing. The taste is slightly different, I also found it slightly more moist

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I might be convinced to try it, I dunno tho', it sounds suspicously easy!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Well, I might be convinced to try it, I dunno tho', it sounds suspicously easy!
That's what I thought too....and it is!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Just the cake mix and stir in a regular sized can of Diet Pop and pour into muffin tins or a cake tin.

It just tastes like cake. I couldn't taste the pop at all and I know a few others who tried said the same thing. The taste is slightly different, I also found it slightly more moist
it is more moist....and kinda spongy. It ends up being only 3 WW points for a large piece. If you want to save more calories, eat it with no icing (you don't really need it, the cake is that good) add a dallop of fat free cool whip!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow,,, that is awesome.. A can of diet pop and it makes a diet cake.. My kind of sweets.. Does it taste weird though?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

Wow,,, that is awesome.. A can of diet pop and it makes a diet cake.. My kind of sweets.. Does it taste weird though?
absolutely not!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so weird...my mom was just asking me about this yesterday. I Never heard of it.

I remember the applesauce substitute...but the brownies tasted like chocolate applesauce.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried it with Diet cola made with Splenda? I can't drink regular diet pop because Aspartame (the main sweetener) gives me all kinds of problems, including headaches.

I have a low-fat lemon cake recipe (it's so yummy and moist, that not only did my brother eat a HUGE piece, each of his children had at least two pieces) that a friend gave me a while back. If anyone wants it, pm me and I'll send it when I get home to my recipe book.