its my paps birthday :(

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well its my paps birthday today and well its the first one since he has been gone
we are also coming up to the anniversary of his passing, and tomarrow (monday) would be the day that he was diagnosed with cancer
for some reason yesterday all I did was stay in bed and sleep and I was real cranky and I couldn figure it out, and I knew my paps birthday was coming up soon and well here it is, me and my mom and her friend might go shopping so I do want to go do something than sleep all day again
this time last year was his last birthday party which we was something he didnt want but my grandma still had a party (my dad is one of 5, and twell everyone except 1 brother has 2-3 kids, and well my brother has 3) but it didnt really matter cause everyone always went down on birthdays anyways
but its still hard for me because my pap was really the only one I was really close to, he let me make my own decisions and didnt really judge me at all which I loved about him, and also I loved our Italian heritage
which my pap was a full blooded Italian and he always told us stories of his dad and I always remember going down there and sitting on my paps lap when I was little and any time I was down there I was always with my pap. My grams church is having a special mass for him at 8 am but we arent going the salt crew doesnt come on our street until about 8 and well I think we already got 3 more inches and its still snowing bad outside now
I know in a month its going to be real hard because he died on the 31st of march so march is going to be one of those months for me
so I know I at least have all of you guys here for support

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry

I know how you feel. My FIL who I loved dearly died on Christmas Eve in 2000, from cancer. He would always seem to get worse right before Christmas. His birhtday is Aug 25. My DH and I always make it a point to celebrate him in the way he loved. He always would joke with me that we would drink vodka together and eat oreos. I never got the chance. So now every year for his birthday I drink vodka and eat oreos.

Do something your dad loved to do whethter it was something you always did together or something he said he wanted to with you but you never got the chance.

The last thing he would want is for you to be mopping around. Celebrate his life.

Remember we are here for you. Pm me any time if you just need to talk. I am always around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

I am so sorry

I know how you feel. My FIL who I loved dearly died on Christmas Eve in 2000, from cancer. He would always seem to get worse right before Christmas. His birhtday is Aug 25. My DH and I always make it a point to celebrate him in the way he loved. He always would joke with me that we would drink vodka together and eat oreos. I never got the chance. So now every year for his birthday I drink vodka and eat oreos.

Do something your dad loved to do whethter it was something you always did together or something he said he wanted to with you but you never got the chance.

The last thing he would want is for you to be mopping around. Celebrate his life.

Remember we are here for you. Pm me any time if you just need to talk. I am always around.
thanx so much

I do have to clarify something tho my pap is my grandfather I never knew what else to call him
and his father was called tut
and well my other granddad is alive I just never met him Idk if he even knows I am alive...but all my pap really wanted me to do was make something of my life and at that time I wanted to be a social worker but I lost interest
in that and he knows I love animals...and honestly I do believe that hes up there sending them to me I kno it sounds weird but Bella found us, and then Stormie came to us, and then so did Blue and Tessa, and also willie was able to get reconized and took to a sheleter were they discovered he was ours so he came home and well I thought he was going to pass and well he fought and he is back to his old self and also I stayed with him 24/7 and I know this sounds crazy but my pap new I loved my animals and I think he sent them all to us and helped willie out
o man I am crying now and also since my pap passed I really have cleaned up my act alot
and I do want to learn Italian and embrace our heritage since he did sooo much

also I do want to call my grandma but idk what to say, its hard for me to talk to some family members as it is including my own dad it just seems so weird and I never no what to say, the funny thing is tho she never called us to tell us what time the mass was my brother called us because she called him !!! My pap is just something I dont talk with many about, I talk with my little cousins renee and anthony about it and well I look out for them the most!!!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, birthdays and anniversaries can be so hard and emotional to get through. Raise a glass for your pap and try to do something to celebrate his life. And I think you should definitely give your grandma a call, she will be feeling sad like you are and hearing from you won't stop her being sad, but it will let her know that you care and that you are thinking of her as well as your pap.

Take care

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was close to my grandfather too (Poppy) he was from Italy too. All the firsts are the hardest, the first holidays w/o them the anniversaries of when they were diagnosed(mine had Leukemia) and when they passed. But know he is always with you, I find a lot of comfort in that, and I hope you do also. I'm sure he is very proud of you, continue to make him proud. I think he would LOVE that you want to embrace his/your heritage, that is wonderful

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I feel for you.

My mom and dads anniversary would of been yesterday. Thats a tough one for my mom. When his bday gets here, that will be as hard as well, for all of us.

It will be 3 yrs in Oct since my dad passed away.........and I dread that day

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw I'm sorry
We are here to help you through the day.

On a sidenote, strangely enough Proudkittiemom, you were in my dream last night. I have no idea why, and can't really remember what happened. I just thought it strange.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I feel for you.

My mom and dads anniversary would of been yesterday. Thats a tough one for my mom. When his bday gets here, that will be as hard as well, for all of us.

It will be 3 yrs in Oct since my dad passed away.........and I dread that day
I am so sorry u and ur family have been in my thoughts i did see ur post but I cant remember if I posted
I am also dreading the 31st of March and well from there on out its going to be a little hard becuse well this week is when he was diagnosed with cancer

Originally Posted by Pombina

We are all here for you. Do something nice today, he would want you to be happy
I just dont know what to do today, my dad is going to a penguin game (free tickets) and well I am going shopping with my mom and her friend, and well I dont think we are going down to my grams today because of the snow and also my dads not going to be here !

Originally Posted by Epona

Awwww, birthdays and anniversaries can be so hard and emotional to get through. Raise a glass for your pap and try to do something to celebrate his life. And I think you should definitely give your grandma a call, she will be feeling sad like you are and hearing from you won't stop her being sad, but it will let her know that you care and that you are thinking of her as well as your pap.

Take care
I do plan on giving my grandma a call later on tonite when I get home (hopefully I dont fall asleep, couldnt sleep last night) She does love it when I call Also she did just go back to work, see my grandma was very dependent on my pap and well now its her sons (ya thats all she had was 5 boys) and she doesnt like to call anyone when she needs help with anything and she just got over a broken shoulder in three different places

Originally Posted by Bella713

I was close to my grandfather too (Poppy) he was from Italy too. All the firsts are the hardest, the first holidays w/o them the anniversaries of when they were diagnosed(mine had Leukemia) and when they passed. But know he is always with you, I find a lot of comfort in that, and I hope you do also. I'm sure he is very proud of you, continue to make him proud. I think he would LOVE that you want to embrace his/your heritage, that is wonderful
See the first holiday well Christmas wasnt that hard because we all were together and well 5 boys and everyone has kids well thats a housefull and well everyone brought something to eat because my grandma doesnt really cook, also I am so sorry u lost ur poppy to Luekemia
, my best friend had that when we were in 5th-6th grade so I know how that is and well she has overcome that and has even had a kid (trust me none of us seen that coming
but she is a great mom) I do find it comforting that he is watching over me, and he always knew I loved my Italian heritage I am mostly Italian and a little of alot of stuff from my moms side and she is half italian to and on my dads side I am half Italian !!! I always loved being Italian and my pap knew it and he knew I was always interested in my heritage and he embraced it himself so much we makes me want to learn so much more, Also one of my main goals in life is to actually go to Italy

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Aw I'm sorry
We are here to help you through the day.

On a sidenote, strangely enough Proudkittiemom, you were in my dream last night. I have no idea why, and can't really remember what happened. I just thought it strange.
thanx its going to be a rough month for me, also
when I read this I just kept laughing at least someone is getting some sleep and is having dreams, its defintely not me

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

Well its my paps birthday today and well its the first one since he has been gone
we are also coming up to the anniversary of his passing, and tomarrow (monday) would be the day that he was diagnosed with cancer
for some reason yesterday all I did was stay in bed and sleep and I was real cranky and I couldn figure it out, and I knew my paps birthday was coming up soon and well here it is, me and my mom and her friend might go shopping so I do want to go do something than sleep all day again
this time last year was his last birthday party which we was something he didnt want but my grandma still had a party (my dad is one of 5, and twell everyone except 1 brother has 2-3 kids, and well my brother has 3) but it didnt really matter cause everyone always went down on birthdays anyways
but its still hard for me because my pap was really the only one I was really close to, he let me make my own decisions and didnt really judge me at all which I loved about him, and also I loved our Italian heritage
which my pap was a full blooded Italian and he always told us stories of his dad and I always remember going down there and sitting on my paps lap when I was little and any time I was down there I was always with my pap. My grams church is having a special mass for him at 8 am but we arent going the salt crew doesnt come on our street until about 8 and well I think we already got 3 more inches and its still snowing bad outside now
I know in a month its going to be real hard because he died on the 31st of march so march is going to be one of those months for me
so I know I at least have all of you guys here for support
I'm sorry for your loss.