The inevitable just happened...

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I was soaking in my bathtub and Shami always stalks around the edge of the tub giving me concerned looks. After snagging the scrub towel and landing it in my face while my eyes were closed, he had a moment of panic, and slipped into the tub...

I thought "haha, serves you right!" and he kind of hesitated which way to get out of the tub, and quietly crawled out, sat in the corner and licked himself dry. I got concerned he might catch a cold so I grabbed a towel dried him up and brushed him down. Now he's all poofy and silky haha, just like when he was a wee kitten.

The first time I've seen him in water, and to tell you the truth he was pretty demure compared to other cats I've seen (the ones that go into popcorn w/ claws mode). Well, there's my story for the night...

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are lucky he was quiet about it! All mine have slipped into the tub at some time, and I was scratched in the panic to get out more than once. One is a bit vulnerable in the bath! But they don't learn and keep trying again. It is worst if I use bubble bath - they want to play in the bubbles and don't seem to realise there is water underneath.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only one of mine that even comes into the bathroom when I am soaking in the tub is George. But I have no fear of him slipping into the water as he is afraid of the bubbles. *grin* He just sits on the back of the toilet and watches me and then he licks my legs when I get out.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You were lucky he didn't go into shredder mode.

I have been trying to find an anecdote written by a woman whose cat did just that. He fell into the tub and in getting out ended up attached to her head (protected by her coiled braid.) Her screams were heard by the neighbors who called the cops because they were sure her biker boyfriend was beating her up. Only he arrived after the cops and was the one who opened the bathroom door and fell onto the floor laughing at her.

I wish I had bookmarked it!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, If Trout ever fell in, I would have a bathtub full of blood because she would claw her way out so frantically, I am quite sure all of her claws would find my bare skin and I would be in trouble. She would most definately be a popcorn w/claws and it would not be pretty.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sheba loved the water. I would be soaking in the tub with a book and a glass of vino and she would walk across me rather than walk around the tub!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Sheba loved the water. I would be soaking in the tub with a book and a glass of vino and she would walk across me rather than walk around the tub!!
That is so interesting. I can't imagine a cat like that

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8-Bit has fallen into the shower with me twice. Each time we've had to replace the shower curtain liner. There is nothing like seeing a 12lb cat climb a plastic liner in sheer terror of water while you stand in the back of the shower naked attempting to get out of his way.

He comes into the bathroom when I am done.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

8-Bit has fallen into the shower with me twice. Each time we've had to replace the shower curtain liner. There is nothing like seeing a 12lb cat climb a plastic liner in sheer terror of water while you stand in the back of the shower naked attempting to get out of his way.

He comes into the bathroom when I am done.

As for my 2, they just sit on the other side of the room, only once eazy stuck his head in.