You Don't hit animals!

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gosh what an aweful day. Blech.

I had to work in recieving at the shelter today. Okiedokie..

This guy comes in looking for his missing dog it's there. We do the paper work on getting the dog out. We are done but he is trying to get a tag on his dog. ( would have been helpful had the tag been on before he came to the shelter. )

Anyway I am doing paperwork and I kinda see out of the corner of my eye but it look like he was punching his dog in the back to get him to sit.

I look up at a co-worker and she gives me the face

I then see him raise his hand all the way in the air ( like he was raising an axe ) and comes down hard open hand on his dogs back.

This is where I run inbetween him and his dog "YOU DONT HIT DOGS!" " They are not people they don't understand what they are doing wrong when you hit them." He says " I don't hit people" I say "Why because they can fight back?"
He tells me he didn't hit his dog that hard (yeah right). I got sooooo freaking upset, I was in hysterics crying. I have never seen anyone hurt their pet like that in real life. Anyway I know where he lives..and that's all I can say.

We called Animal Control and reported him. Cause they aren't going to do anything unless they have real evidence.

I just feel so bad for the dog.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That poor dog... I hope that man gets what he deserves...an eye for an eye!!!

bemyonlyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sincerely doubt he was being truthful when he said he doesn't hit people. People who abuse other animals often abuse people, sooner or later.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bemyonlyone

I sincerely doubt he was being truthful when he said he doesn't hit people. People who abuse other animals often abuse people, sooner or later.
I really don't think he hits people either, I think like the original poster said, they can hit back.

I hope the dog runs away again, and I hope that this time the shelter doesn't give him back to the man.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I would lose it if I saw that. The worst part is that there are so many owners like that out there
Why even have a pet if you hate it enough to hit it??

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG, I would lose it if I saw that. The worst part is that there are so many owners like that out there
I am not sure if I would have let the man take the animal home with him, I think I might have told him that he had been taped hitting the dog. I woulda told him that he was abusing the dog, therefore he could not have him back.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I seriously don't understand. Isn't the point of having a pet to have a companion to love? No one forces you to have a pet, so if you don't like it/if it frustrates you enough to HIT IT, then just don't have the pet. Did I miss the point here?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope the dog runs away again, and I hope that this time the shelter doesn't give him back to the man.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Breal76

Don't worry we won't.
His dog is a repeat offender. Which means he will run again.Usually runners run often, it's just a matter of being caught.
Good, I am glad to hear that.

It seems like the dog is running away for a reason. He is probably tired of getting hit.

I wish he would find a new home.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's just awful. What kind of mean streak do you have when you can hit your pet like that? I wouldn't want to be on this guy's bad side...sounds like he's a
!!!!

Poor dog...sure hope he runs away again so that the shelter can retain him.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

That's just awful. What kind of mean streak do you have when you can hit your pet like that? I wouldn't want to be on this guy's bad side...sounds like he's a
!!!!

Poor dog...sure hope he runs away again so that the shelter can retain him.
I would just love to be on his bad side, especially today, I would just love to see him hit me. It would be "Katie bar the door", I might be little but dynomite comes in small packages.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats sad. That is probly why the poor pup ran away in the first place.

He was tired of that *jerk* beating on him.......

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too bad you all couldn't keep the dog because of that. I probably would've screamed at him too. Wack job needed someone to put him in his place, to bad he didn't learn anything from it.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that poor dog!
I will never get people who abuse, neglect, or abandon animals.
I hope the dog runs away again so he can be safe at the shelter and find a better home.