Ladies and Gentlemen I'd like to announce...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That after last week's blizzard, we in Ohio are getting a heat wave. It's going to be 40 degrees next week!

That means I get to wear a t-shirt under my winter coat and be comfortable! Perhaps now my wiper fluid will melt and I can use it once again.

Can you tell I'm excited?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm excited, too! The evening weather report said we'll be in the 50s by the end of the week! I'll be down to two layers instead of 4 while in the house.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Me three! I'm soooo tired of the cold wind. Earlier today DH was in the other room and I heard 'Hoooneyy.....what does mild frostbite look like?' (DH works outside now basically.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

That is exciting!! It will be above 0 here too next week for a few days!!

When I heard this on the radio my first thought was. "Yahoo?"
I'm waiting for the 20-30 degree weather.

But hey... 0 is better than -20

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm excited it will be warm enough to walk the dogs without any bare skin getting frostbitten!!!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard about the heatwave yet just the snow that we are still getting. Maybe I will get snowed in and won't be able to return to work for another week. I have to go back to work on Monday. but maybe it will snow another 5 feet.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are supposed to get in the lower 30's!!! Good thing as we are running out of firewood in the basement (we went through a full cord of firewood since Feb 1st) I can finally walk outside without 3 layers of clothes and my glasses frosting up!!

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, a heat wave! When I read 40 degrees I thought celcius at first and I was like "wow! That is some transition" but I realize now you mean farenheit.

Temperatures here are a steady sub zero. I wouldn't mind it so much, but all the spring clothes are coming in at work and I can't wait until it's warm enough to wear them!

Just one more month! I chant.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IT'S MELTING!!! IT'S MELTING!!!

The van is almost completely clear. Now for the sidewalk.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

10 more degrees and you will have sunbathing weather.
10 more degrees and I'm going to the beach!

It snowed again last night, another 3-4 inches on top of the high mounds we already have.

We went over to my FIL today and realized he doesn't have a snow blower. He has had two heart attacks, so we are going to buy him a snow blower for his birthday for next winter.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

10 more degrees and I'm going to the beach!

It snowed again last night, another 3-4 inches on top of the high mounds we already have.

We went over to my FIL today and realized he doesn't have a snow blower. He has had two heart attacks, so we are going to buy him a snow blower for his birthday for next winter.
You should buy it at end of this season when the stores clearance them out!!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't wait for the warmup. I got stuck in my driveway yesterday and today. Even two of the college guys from two doors over couldn't get me out today
Only about 15 minutes of rocking the car back and forth worked. I'm parking in the street for now.

I think I'll have a lot more shoveling to do once it gets warmer.