cat stroller??

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of this and am totally intrigued! Is this a stroller specifically FOR cats, or is it a baby stroller that you just put the cat in? I think that's a hilarious idea! I assume the cat gets strapped in there somehow so that it can't escape?

As for your question: if your cat would like it, why not? I mean it would be great for the little one to get some fresh air and see some new things, and it would be something nice for the two of you to have an activity together.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of members have posted pics of theirs. One was a pet stroller while the other was a modified baby carriage. I'm sure if you used the search function with the word stroller you might find them.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Here's my daughter's cat stroller, with her kitty Sparkle!
(Sorry, had to get this pic in when I saw the topic!)
Is Sparkle saying I need therepy now??? Sorry the pic is priceless

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen them in Foster&Smith. They look kinda cool, but I've NEVER seen someone really use it in person. If you are willing to have a lot of people stop you and check it out or you are ok with some giggling, get one and use it.

The only thing I'd be a little worried about is the fact that you are moving much faster then the cat would move and not sure how much they would enjoy "looking around".

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that Radar would LOVE that! He adores being taken out in his carrier, he's always looking out at things through the front bars and trying to peer through the vents in the side. He likes being taken on the bus too. He would absolutely love being taken out in that I'm sure, and would enjoy the attention he received

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one and it's pink and a kitty stroller, and Sophia loves it,
Bella used to love it too. I don't really care what anyone else says as long as my cats are happy. All the little girls in the neighborhood want to come and take the cats for a walk!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

Does anyone have one? Would I look terminally dippy using one? I would be more willing to do my daily walking if I could take abi with me.
So, what were you doing, just sitting around bored one day and came up with this cat stroller notion? What prompted this? Were you deep in meditation at the time?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I know that Radar would LOVE that! He adores being taken out in his carrier, he's always looking out at things through the front bars and trying to peer through the vents in the side. He likes being taken on the bus too. He would absolutely love being taken out in that I'm sure, and would enjoy the attention he received
Originally Posted by silentNate

I'm not taking my cats out in one of those EVER

I have my hardman reputation to protect
I love the fact that that was the SAME reaction DH and I had. Me: "Oh how cute!" DH: "If I ever had to use that thing I'd loose my man card. They revoke those things you know!"

To answer the OP my Step-Mom has one for her Papillons, and the LOVE it. Both girls are just so excited to go out and get pushed around.

Papillons are a really small toy breed of dog, so if she can use it for them I don't see why you couldn't use it for a kitty.

Here's a picture of the dogs to give you a judgment on their size:
http://www.papillonclub.org/

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

I'm not taking my cats out in one of those EVER

I have my hardman reputation to protect
For our "manly" men, Coaster/Tim made one out of a baby carriage. I looked for pics, but all I could see were those red x's.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
Originally Posted by Persi

So, what were you doing, just sitting around bored one day and came up with this cat stroller notion? What prompted this? Were you deep in meditation at the time?
now don't start thinking like my husband
- he believes i go into trance states and cook up needs that are alien and bizarre. of course i would not NEED one of these but Abigail and I could go for walks together. where as if I go with my husband he goes too fast or makes me walk in
"the gutter. "

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my neighbours has a lovely one she uses to take her cats to the vet (one goes biweekly for the chubby clinic) and has started to take them out just for some fresh air with her.

It was quite amusing, she was taking them out the other day and had her coat draped over the carriage in the elevator and a woman mentioned that she didn't even know she was pregnant, she lifts the coat up to look at the 'baby' and sees 2 Maine Coons looking up at her

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
now that would be funny

but my friends have one and they take their kitty for walks and he just LOVES it!! Maybe you could borrow one to see how Abi would react before investing the money?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

One of my neighbours has a lovely one she uses to take her cats to the vet (one goes biweekly for the chubby clinic) and has started to take them out just for some fresh air with her.

It was quite amusing, she was taking them out the other day and had her coat draped over the carriage in the elevator and a woman mentioned that she didn't even know she was pregnant, she lifts the coat up to look at the 'baby' and sees 2 Maine Coons looking up at her
That's great!!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my sister has seen these to lol but we have never ever seen anyone else with one , and she is not to sure on the reaction she would get