TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Baking again
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Baking again

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I am baking some banana bread today.

Desirée is coming over for the night, they are refinishing her hardwood floors, and she can't be in the house with them doing that, so she is coming over to spend the night with us.

So I am making some bread for her, I really want it, but I am gonna blame it on her.

post #2 of 16
Sounds like something you would do....

Hey, did she ever take any pictures over at BARL for us???/
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Sounds like something you would do....

Hey, did she ever take any pictures over at BARL for us???/
I don't know if she did or not, I will ask her when she gets here.
post #4 of 16
so, is banana bread, like a cake or more of a bread then ? never heard of it really ?
post #5 of 16
Hey, I'm warming up to baking some toll house cookies...trying to get the house straightened up a bit, as my hubby went back to the hospital last night, and will probably be home tomorrow.

Banana bread sounds yummy!!!
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooficat View Post
so, is banana bread, like a cake or more of a bread then ? never heard of it really ?
It is a bread, you bake it in a loaf pan.

Some people make it from scratch, which is really really really good.

But I bought a box mix and it is not to bad, I already ate two pieces.
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSULOVER View Post
It is a bread, you bake it in a loaf pan.

Some people make it from scratch, which is really really really good.

But I bought a box mix and it is not to bad, I already ate two pieces.
oooo..........so is it real bananary - eek not sure if thats a word - but you know what I mean ? Have you a receipe you can PM or maybe a link ?
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooficat View Post
oooo..........so is it real bananary - eek not sure if thats a word - but you know what I mean ? Have you a receipe you can PM or maybe a link ?
I did not follow a recipe, I used the Wal-Mart brand of mix, it was with the cake stuff, next time I make it though, I am gonna put a banana in it.
post #9 of 16
I love banana bread! Does yours have the walnuts in it? Yum!
post #10 of 16
Oooooh yummy banana bread ... my mother makes one from scratch that is to absolutely die for. I love it just sliced off the loaf, but it is a real treat toasted with butter. *swoon*

Just a quick word of advice to those who wanted to put real banana in the mixed-kind ... make sure the bananas are real mushy or else they don't cook down and get sort of chewy - not the desired result.
post #11 of 16
OOHH, that sounds so yummy!! Wheres my piece??
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LokisMum View Post
I love banana bread! Does yours have the walnuts in it? Yum!

Nope, I don't like nuts in my bread, unless it comes that way, but I don't add them.
post #13 of 16
Mmmmm, sounds yummy Belinda!! I am baking cookies tomorrow
post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayef View Post
Oooooh yummy banana bread ... my mother makes one from scratch that is to absolutely die for. I love it just sliced off the loaf, but it is a real treat toasted with butter. *swoon*

Just a quick word of advice to those who wanted to put real banana in the mixed-kind ... make sure the bananas are real mushy or else they don't cook down and get sort of chewy - not the desired result.

Yep, that is the way that I eat it, with lots of butter, and I only use real butter too.

I will make sure the bananas are real mushy, I am gonna make some more tomorrow, Desirée is gonna take some back home with her.
post #15 of 16
Yup, mushy naners work the best! Oh, and try adding some chocolate chips...chocolate chip banana bread is to DIE FOR!
post #16 of 16
Oh i LOVE banana nut bread My mom makes it from scratch (she's a southern momma-makes just about everything from scratch) I LOVE her banana bread! Yum! You're making me hungry I hope you and Deseree have a great time
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Baking again