Body found dead, after a year!?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sad, but it is weird at the same time.

How could nobody check on this man for a year, and how in the world could his tv still be on? If he had died the year before why didn't the power people come out and disconnect his service?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

How could nobody check on this man for a year, and how in the world could his tv still be on? If he had died the year before why didn't the power people come out and disconnect his service?
I know!! Thats what I am wondering........
Its not adding up to me.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure that this is the same guy that we were talking about at work the other night. So, that being said, apparently all of his bills were being drawn directly out of an account and his SS was being direct deposited. No one would have had to communicate with him to get money so that just leaves family and friend's to want to communicate with him. Apparently, his friend's and family ignored him too. This is so sad to think that some people are this alone in the world.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Maybe his bill was paid automatically? Thats the only thing I can think of. That story is weird and kind of creepy.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

It is very sad to think he died all alone
Yes it is, and to die sitting in front of the tv, that is probably all he had to do.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes it is, and to die sitting in front of the tv, that is probably all he had to do.

Ahh, stop it, your going to make me depressed thinking about him, and I didnt even know him.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Ahh, stop it, your going to make me depressed thinking about him, and I didnt even know him.
I know, me too.

I just wonder if he didn't have no family or something.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a sad fact but there are thousands & thousands of people who are alone and sadly die alone as well.

Lets try and think on the positive - I didnt like to read the article - but maybe he was happy as he was, TV is a very important entertainment tool for a lot of people and they get many happy hours from it. He probably just fell asleep and didnt know a thing - not a bad way to go really - God Bless him

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Its a sad fact but there are thousands & thousands of people who are alone and sadly die alone as well.

Lets try and think on the positive - I didnt like to read the article - but maybe he was happy as he was, TV is a very important entertainment tool for a lot of people and they get many happy hours from it. He probably just fell asleep and didnt know a thing - not a bad way to go really - God Bless him
I hope so mooficat, I never thought about it like that.

That cheers me up a little bit.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Awww, this makes me sad. What's worse, is the fear that that could be any one us someday...
Yeah you are so right, I usually talk to my kids at least every other day though, and I see my neighbors pretty often.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe that someone would not think something was wrong.
I would maybe because I'm nosey even at that they should have called the police after a time of not seeing him,,,Thats awful

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hope so mooficat, I never thought about it like that.

That cheers me up a little bit.

And btw, it said that(I think) he did have some family or friends that just thought he was in a hospital or nursing home?! I mean good grief if they were really his *friend* or a family member, I would of thought they would of looked more into it.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking how on earth if he had been dead for a year could he have had utilities, he didnt pay for a year now that's weird to say the least, something doesn't sound right, wouldn't they shut them off without payment? It didnt say if it was a private home or an apartment, very strange. I wish they would leave mine on if I didn't pay them.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor old guy.
Like Mooficat said, you know, it's not a bad way to go at all. It's scary to think of how people can end up so alone at the end of their lives.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we all die alone. even with someone else in the room we are still doing it alone.
I just saw a story about a guy in russia was found after a year also. sitting in a chair head on the table, vodka bottle and half full glass next to him.

that going to be my father, he has chased off his family, and had never had friends that i know of.

however as to why the TV was still on? sounds to me like someone is still getting his checks. i have never lived any place where the power did not go off at least once in a year.