Where the heck are all the DWs?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally just learned who/what DH was. At first, I thought DH were the initials of some guy. What was driving me crazy about this was trying to figure out how this DH guy was known by so many people. I thought man, this guy really gets around. OK, now I know what it means which brings up another honest question. I have never once seen DW referred to on any of these forums. So now, rather than worrying about who DH is, I will be laying awake worrying about why there are no DWs.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH = Dear husband
There are rarely DW's coz 90% of TCS are ladies!

And the cat guys in here usually refer to their wives either by name or by saying "the wife"!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

DH = Dear husband

And the cat guys in here usually refer to their wives either by name or by saying "the wife"!
That's what I was thinking! We're the DW's!

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

What was driving me crazy about this was trying to figure out how this DH guy was known by so many people. I thought man, this guy really gets around. :

I still haven't met him yet!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

DH = Dear husband

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hadn't even thought about it before! That's true for my dog forum too! (we have so few there, that when we want a guy's opinion, we usually have to start a thread to ask for it
. "Where's our testosterone?" isn't all that unusual to hear, either!
)Fortunately, the guys have a good sense of humor!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you should ask that question! I wondered that for ages, and then just figured oh well - it must mean husband so started using it myself! Didn't know if the D meant dear, domesticated or darned (or a number of other things)!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Funny you should ask that question! I wondered that for ages, and then just figured oh well - it must mean husband so started using it myself! Didn't know if the D meant dear, domesticated or darned (or a number of other things)!
...and I've come to the conclusion that context is everything, when it comes to the D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

DH = Dear husband

Well, answering this question just brings the next one up. Why are there 90% ladies here? Does this mean that ten times the number of women like cats as men? If that is the case, perhaps that explains why I was once accused of being gay because I loved cats.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i remember asking this question (DH) and for awhile i thought FCKS effing cute kitten syndrome. . . . . .

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Well, answering this question just brings the next one up. Why are there 90% ladies here? Does this mean that ten times the number of women like cats as men? If that is the case, perhaps that explains why I was once accused of being gay because I loved cats.
At the cat show today, I saw a couple wearing identical sweatshirts that said: Real Men admit That They Love Cats

I thought it was funny and appropriate.

I don't think I've ever used DW on here. Not sure why. I count myself lucky when people on TCS realize I'm male and not female....

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank god for that , i know know what DH means pmsl.
i know what Oh = other half
and SO
lol but i always wondered who DH was lol

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my first thought was that dh stood for divorced husband.
you know, all crazy cat laides.

but yea, i never use dw, i say the name or the wife. there are alot of guys here, and i know alot of men that have and like cats. Just about every guy in the office has cats.
i was in the background for months before i ever started posting. and onliy after work blocked the gaming forums that would check.