Cooking & Clearing up

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do the latter. I keep thinking that the cats are going to pitch in and do their share of cleaning up but they do not. Right now I can see into the bedroom and see that neither has bothered to make the bed, either. OK, maybe I expect too much on the dishes but they use the bed as much as we do so why is it they never help out?

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wouldn't that be nice! Actually, mine try to help do the dishes all the time- the problem is, we're not necessarily finished with them!

I try to do at least stack stuff in the sink as I go- but, in reality, I'm usually stacking the lunch stuff in the sink so I have room to make dinner
. It's getting better, though, especially if I'm home all day
. I usually do dishes while dinner is cooking, if it's something I don't have to constantly stir or something

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm one of those anal sorts that can't prepare dinner if there are dishes in the sink. I have to clear up any dishes then prepare dinner and as I go along I have the sink full of hot soapy water to wash as I go along. When dinner is completed cooking I usually only have dishwasher type dishes to load and the kitchen is cleared up. I have to make the bed as soon as I get out of it as well. Can you tell I have a "tidy" fetish? Clutter and mess makes me very tense. I can live with it for a time, but then I get crazy. Hubby is a perfectionist and is always busy doing something which is great, BUT, he leaves behind him all his tools (on the table, kitchen counters, bathroom sink - you get the picture). It makes me crazy.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I'm one of those anal sorts that can't prepare dinner if there are dishes in the sink. I have to clear up any dishes then prepare dinner and as I go along I have the sink full of hot soapy water to wash as I go along. When dinner is completed cooking I usually only have dishwasher type dishes to load and the kitchen is cleared up. I have to make the bed as soon as I get out of it as well. Can you tell I have a "tidy" fetish? Clutter and mess makes me very tense. I can live with it for a time, but then I get crazy. Hubby is a perfectionist and is always busy doing something which is great, BUT, he leaves behind him all his tools (on the table, kitchen counters, bathroom sink - you get the picture). It makes me crazy.
Thats EXACTLY how I am! I cannot stand to have a messy kitchen...o rmessy anything. I have to clean while I'm cooking, otherwise I'll do nuts!
Plus, usually after dinner, I'm so full I don't want to clean anyways, and there's nothing worse than pots/pans left out overnight that are dirty

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

YESSSS thats so me!!!
I am glad I am not the only one out there, thats so *anal* about that stuff.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We try to clean as we go, but that isn't usually the case. I've been working crazy hours lately, so by the time I get home and we eat, we're usually wiped out and don't clean up afterward.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm exactly the same!

All I can do when Jeremy cooks is go in the livingroom so I can't see the messes he's making

He doesn't cook often thank goodness!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I used to let everything pile up, now I am a clean as I go person!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes i clean the dishes as i go. I always put things away and wipe up the crumbs etc afterwards. But because of severe water restrictions we just build up the dishes to do one big lot. (of course not so much or so long that there are flies and bugs - eww)

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well there's only me to cook for, so I have very few dishes to deal with at once. So it should be easy to have a quick tidy after every meal, except that I am chronically lazy so I let them build up so I can have a "worthwhile" wash at once. But then I hate doing dishes so I put off doing the one big wash.... well I'm sure you see where I'm going with this.

The ironic part? I hate (as in hate, hate, HATE) having a messy kitchen. So I just end up frustrated with myself all the time. If only I could afford that maid...

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He cleans the kitchen before I cook... I am one of those messy leave everything everywhere kind of people (hey if I am cooking he can clean it up behind me) then he comes in and cleans up behind me as I cook.

For breakfast/lunch, the dishes and any pans etc just get left in the sink until that evening

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to clear up as I go along - I can't settle and enjoy my meal knowing that rthere is a huge mess to clear up afterwards. That way, when I am too stuffed to get up and go into the kitchen, it doesn't matter!!!

DH is a fab cook, but he insists on using every pot, pan and utensil we possess and leaves them piled up in the sink.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm one of those anal sorts that can't prepare dinner if there are dishes in the sink. I have to clear up any dishes then prepare dinner and as I go along I have the sink full of hot soapy water to wash as I go
That's me as well

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You dont want to know what my kitchen smelled like when i came home on friday after not doing the dishes for a couple of days