Milo is not a well kitty today

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Woke up this morning to find Milo not his usual self, then we noticed his third eye closed halfway across. After doing the usual search on the web for such problems it seems there could be two or three reasons for this. I am taking him to the vets at 12.00 today so I hope its not serious. From what I have read sometimes it can just clear itself after a few weeks, he is not being sick or anything. Anybody else had a similar problem with thier cats?

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I dont have any idea what could be causing this but I just wanted to say you're baby is beautiful!

I hope sweet Milo is feeling better soon and you are doing 100% the right thing taking him to the vet.
Keep us updated.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope it is nothing serious and that he is feeling better soon. He is very beautiful

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Milo is verrrrrry handsome! Is he the one who fetches pencils? That is so neat.

I haven't seen that problem in my cats. I'm sure the vet will be able to help. Is it just one eye, or both?

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sending healing vibes for {({({({({(Milo)})})})})} and
to you.
Hopefully it is nothing serious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks all! Well I have just got back with him and the vet gave him a good check. It seems his glands in his neck are slightly swollen, and he has a bit of a high temperature, possibly a throat infection. She gave him an antibiotic injection, yes Beandip he is the one that fetches pencils, and last night he showed no interest in doing it, believe it or not he is now jumping around the kitchen and purring.

Thanks for all your vibes.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww, just catching this thread, poor little Milo
well if hes jumping about then the injection is certainly doing its job

Heres some healthy ((((((
vibes
)))))) for sweet Milo !

Keep us posted !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks again, apparently when they get this closing up of the third eye its like an early warning that the animal is not well. Clever stuff eh?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad that he got a good report, I am sending hugs and prayers from Mississippi for him.

I hope he continues to recover.

He is beautiful too.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by u8myufo

Woke up this morning to find Milo not his usual self,
then we noticed his third eye closed halfway across
. After doing the usual search on the web for such problems it seems there could be two or three reasons for this. I am taking him to the vets at 12.00 today so I hope its not serious. From what I have read sometimes it can just clear itself after a few weeks, he is not being sick or anything. Anybody else had a similar problem with thier cats?
I confess my ignorance on what a third eye is. I have been here looking at the picture of your handsome cat trying to figure out what that means. Hope he feels better soon.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Milo is a beautiful boy.

Two of our cats...Gracie and Lizzie, both have Feline Herpes and I always know when one of them is going to have an outbreak because before they ever start to cough or sneeze their third eyelid will be visible.
I'm not saying that Milo has Feline Herpes, I'm just saying that you're right...when the third eyelid is visible it's a sign that they're not feeling well.

I'm glad that the injection helped and Milo is feeling better.