Tessa videos (anyone elses siameses this high strung)

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, as u no we have a seal point siamese named tessa, let me tell u she is quit a character she needs to earn ur trust before she will let u pet her head now shes ok with it from me and my mom, and well anytime u walk by her she takes off so well most of the time well after she gains ur trust she really doesnt unless she is in a playful mood which is always she can be asleep and u play with one of the other kitties u better watch out because she will come out of now where to play, I do no she was used for byb but idk, she also attacks towels and a plush pillow also on the video (I hope I upload them right) they are quit funny each are under a minute tho
but she was having a blast this morning and I finally got it on tape
but I was wondering is this normal craziness part of the siamese breed? I love her to death she is always making someone laugh in the house, she is nutty
I am hoping this videos work for u all, and if they dont can someone please explain to me how to do it from photobucket
i am new at this video thing and well sorry for some of the fast camera movement in the one, I had to keep up with her she is just to quick, also starring in the movies are Blue!!!

here is video 1
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o103/blazinbunni42o/VIDEOS/?action=view&current=102_0416.flv

here is video 2
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o103/blazinbunni42o/VIDEOS/?action=view&current=102_0417.flv

and here is video 3
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o103/blazinbunni42o/VIDEOS/?action=view&current=102_0420.flv

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute videos. Charlie's like that. I think any cat that has siamese/oriental/rex in them acts that way
If you want a more sedate cat, don't get those "wild" breeds cause they are very active.

That's why we were not surprised by Charlie - we've lived with rexes
IMO a persian or other more sedate cats would be boring to us

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All sounds normal for a Siamese! Radar (Cornish Rex/Siamese/DSH) is currently bombing around the house crashing into things, and Sonic (Oriental SH) spent hours this morning going mad with a ball of paper, leaping into boxes, and skidding around the kitchen floor. I found out that even though he's only 3 1/2 months old and a little slip of a thing, he can already leap straight up to the counter top

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

My two are both completely insane and manic and I love it, I can't imagine having quiet cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Cute videos. Charlie's like that. I think any cat that has siamese/oriental/rex in them acts that way
If you want a more sedate cat, don't get those "wild" breeds cause they are very active.

That's why we were not surprised by Charlie - we've lived with rexes
I LOVE the craziness and hyperactivity that she has i am surprised she isnt doing anything crazy right now but her and bella gave nose kisses to each other and well Bella can be mean and she wasnt they just sniffed each others noses and well usually Tessa doesnt go up to certain cats in the house right away but she keeps this house up and going with laughter
I mean she attacks her tail all the time and we also have a banaster at the top of our steps and well she will sit on top and attack it so I try not to encourage that for the fear of her falling so thats a nono but she always gets interested in her loooooong tail
i love these "wild" breeds, although one dream was accomplished for a siamese one day I do want a bengal
but of course I love the siamese breeds, it just surprises me every other week there is another siamese in the shelter
and it just makes me so mad!!! Along with all the other kitties too, and some have been there for ever!! The thing that gets me and makes me laugh is every assumes that siameses should be only cats, I still cant figure that out, the lady we got Tessa from said that she wouldnt do well she wanted a home for her to be the only cat, and we said we still wanna give it a try and see how things go and omg I dont kno what this lady was talking about she is doing GREAT what can I say I love siameses and well she was sick and wasnt movin I went over there next thing I know I got a cat all over me

Also our willie is calm and well hes 11 years old but he does play every now and then just not with the other kitties and man is he funny when he is playful...Also Bella plays but she rather sleep of course and Stormie and everyone else is so active although midnight doesnt liek to come upstairs cause he met his match with Stormie

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd be willing the bet the siamese in the shelters are there for 2 main reasons: (1) they talk too much and are disturbing the neighbors with their loud meows or (2) they are racing around far too much for the person to handle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'd be willing the bet the siamese in the shelters are there for 2 main reasons: (1) they talk too much and are disturbing the neighbors with their loud meows or (2) they are racing around far too much for the person to handle
some are surrenders and some are stray which shocked me the first time they said it but its true, our tessa who is now exploring my bed was found in a trailer park (a bad one) and people called this lady and they went to get our tessa who wasnt fixed or anything and they new it was byb and idk if the people left her behind or still lived there but the neighbor told the lady shed take her but shed have to pay for everything (the shots the fiix ect) and well she never called our rescuer back and we went and seen her it just blows my mind that people do these things
and also tessa is about a year old thats it and she has had babies they said well the vet said that idk how he can tell tho!!! But we actually had to wait till she got fixed to get her and that day was a great day because not only did we get tessa but willie came home too
Also alot of breeds i am noticing our going to the shelters that were surrendoured because the owners where done with them (byb of course) Also there are alot that around in their golden years too (that were brought in as strays but are as friendly as can be)