Would you call into work on vacation?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are two girls that are in Vegas for the weekend, and they keep calling in telling us they are having a great time on vacation. I don't know about you but if I was on a nice long trip the last place I'd think about would be work. So, here's my question; would you call into work on your vacation to let people know how much fun you are having?

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nope.

But I did regularly email my boss every few days when I was away for a month. That's more because we're friends though and we liked to keep in touch. Plus, he could keep me informed of all the work gossip... Not that I enjoy work gossip or anything...

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I don't know about you but if I was on a nice long trip the last place I'd think about would be work.
Same here!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
work has a hard time getting me to call them back or call in, when i am not on vacation. So there is 0 chance of me calling or answering there call when i am on vaction

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only if I thought I was that people I work with really cared that much.

In other words: No.

Actually I take that back, ONLY IF I was real close to someone I work with. Otherwise a vacation is suppose to be a vacation.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No way! I'd enjoy my vacation!
/ I would however call in to check on things though if i owned my own business and was away- i would want to know everthing was being run smoothly while i was gone

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I so wouldnt unless I was checking to see if everything was going ok

to me it sounds like they are trying to rub it in your faces that u all our working and they are in las vegas!! People these days....

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would wait and tell everyone about my trip when i got back. Unless I was very good friends with someone at work, then I might call them and tell them how the trip was going.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't call, but we've been known to take pictures on our cell phones and e-mail to our friends at work just to rub it in that we are not there. The funniest was taken at 10AM on a beach with a morning drink in hand. They were hitting their first meeting. We were hitting our first drink. We're bad!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work will never hear from me if I'm on vacation. I never pick up the phone when they call (ok hardly ever) so why in the heck would I call them when I ENJOY being away from them?
Silly silly question! LOL!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would never make a social call, but I used to check in for important messages every couple of days when it was possible and to see if all was OK. I remember in 1990 I had spent 3 days out of contact (no cell phones then) because I was horse riding through a forest, and then I called from a village to hear Saddam Hussein had invaded Kuwait and I had to go home at once! The perils of being a journalist.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never have unless it was a working vacation.
Since I'm a contractor officially I don't get a lot of vacation time so I can either save up and take it at my own expense, or I bring work with me. I've had many working vacations and I guess I've gotten use to them. So occasionally I have to call in on vacation, but not to tell them the fun I'm having - to talk to them about work.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I callled simply to get my next schedule and that was it. I don't even like it were I work at so why would I call them.