Riddle game!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thought I'd start a riddle thread, inspired by catloverin a few days ago.

I have a few, so if you're up for answering....

What object has keys that open no locks, space but no room, and you can enter but not go in?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
keyboard=correct!

What is so fragile, if you say it's name it will break?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have four wings, but cannot fly,
I never laugh and never cry;
On the same spot I'm always found,
toiling away with little sound.
What am I?

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
More of a logic riddle:

In a basement there are 3 light switches, all in the off position. Each switch controls 1 of 3 light bulbs on the floor above. You may move any of the switches, but you may only go up the basement stairs ONE time only.

If you return down the stairs after ONE ascent, you will be eaten alive by basement demons. If you go upstairs without figuring out which switch is which you will be hit with a lightening bolt. The kitchen elf will quiz you!

How can you determine which switch controls each light?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

More of a logic riddle:

In a basement there are 3 light switches, all in the off position. Each switch controls 1 of 3 light bulbs on the floor above. You may move any of the switches, but you may only go up the basement stairs ONE time only.

If you return down the stairs after ONE ascent, you will be eaten alive by basement demons. If you go upstairs without figuring out which switch is which you will be hit with a lightening bolt. The kitchen elf will quiz you!

How can you determine which switch controls each light?
Is this right? Turn on the first switch, then turn it off. Turn on the second switch and leave it on. Go upstairs. The light that is on is controlled by the second switch. The light that is off but still warm is controlled by the first switch. The light that is off and cold is controlled by the third switch.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You got it smartie! Jenny82 the Quixter! No basement demons or Lightning bolts for you.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's one:

A man was found hanging from a ceiling beam in an empty room. Underneath him is a puddle of water. The coroner said it was suicide. How did he do it?

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Here's one:

A man was found hanging from a ceiling beam in an empty room. Underneath him is a puddle of water. The coroner said it was suicide. How did he do it?
Used an ice block to stand on and when it melted...taadaa hung himself.
i saw what i think was a csi episode where they guy made bullets outta frozen meat...priceless!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

this is one from my childhood

A Rooster is on top of a barn and lays and egg...which side of the barn does the egg roll down?
Roosters don't lay eggs, hens do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A father and son are involved in a serious car accident. After the son is taken to the hospital, it is determined that the son will need surgery. When the surgeon comes into the room to see the son, the surgeon says "I cannot operate on this boy--he is my son". How is the sugeon related to the boy?

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A cabin, locked from the inside, is perched on the side of a mountain. It is forced open, and thirty people are found dead inside. They had plenty of food and water.