OMG!! I feel I have had the worst day EVER! sorry so long i need a hug!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thats what I feel like doing.........

I had a baaaaad time at Wal Mart!! It was awful!!!

Let me tell u~I dropped Lilly at the vet so I could run to Wal Mart to pick up some things, well my daughter and I decided to look at the fishies

I was nice and decided to get her a betta....well as we are walking down the dog food isle, she drops the fish, cracks his container! So I rush around trying to get back to the pet section and get him some more water, of course theres NOT a single employee around, so I ding the bell(more than once) still NOONE answers. Here I am with this 1/2 alive fish, dripping water everywhere.....finally go talk to a guy whos mixing paint, he looks at me and says "did you drop him" Umm NO s*** sherlock..............Good grief, what do you think happened??! LOL...anyways-he says is that all you need? I said I just wanted to make sure the poor guy got some water. So we pick out a different beta. Ok? Make my way to the check out(of course by this time my daughter doesnt want to listen, is being a total BRAT!!) Get checked out(I had to pick the slowest cashier)
Get to the car, pull up to the vet, go in talk to the girls at the vets about Lilly. Tell them about my hectic day(meanwhile my daughter is rolling around on their floor) pay for everything, get to the car, and low and behold.somehow while we were in the vet the damn betas container got knocked over!!!!! So hes with NO water

I rush him to the vet, they kinda laugh and say "dont tell us, hes outta water" im like YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! So the poor thing finally gets some water(tap water, which wasnt good Im sure) but what else was I to do

If anyone has a hug I would appreciate that~~~

Is it time for a DRINK yet??

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You betcha. You need a vodka blt, a vodka potato salad, a vodka cole slaw, two vodka biscuits and a vodka collins. (ps, the fish would probably like the vodka collins too)

Hugs.....coming right up....

There you are....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

You betcha. You need a vodka blt, a vodka potato salad, a vodka cole slaw, two vodka biscuits and a vodka collins. (ps, the fish would probably like the vodka collins too)

Hugs.....coming right up....

There you are....
Thank you! I hope the poor fish survives.......

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you had a bad day. I think this might be a sign that your not meant to have a fish right now.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww im sorry you have had such a bad day , i hope everything is going better now lol.
my son is so the rolling around the floor type :/

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

Sorry you had a bad day. I think this might be a sign that your not meant to have a fish right now.
Thats kinda what Im beginning to think........

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

aww im sorry you have had such a bad day , i hope everything is going better now lol.
my son is so the rolling around the floor type :/
LOL~what about hiding under the clothes racks?
She thought that was just soooooooooooo funny today(like I needed more stress)

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bettas can live out if water longer than other types of fish, so I'm sure he's fine. :nods:
My one Bettas bowl got knocked over and I couldn't find him.. I swore the cats had eaten him.. but about a half hour laer I went into the kitchen and he was flopping on the floor. And he lived for almost a year longer after that.

Sorry you had a bad day though.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

Bettas can live out if water longer than other types of fish, so I'm sure he's fine. :nods:
My one Bettas bowl got knocked over and I couldn't find him.. I swore the cats had eaten him.. but about a half hour laer I went into the kitchen and he was flopping on the floor. And he lived for almost a year longer after that.

Sorry you had a bad day though.
Phew! That makes me feel a bit better
Im kinda worried about the tap water though, since it was chlorinated

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes , going out with my son is such a chore lol , his only 3 so i forgive him . but can be very embrassing when they dont listen lol.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

yes , going out with my son is such a chore lol , his only 3 so i forgive him . but can be very embrassing when they dont listen lol.
Yup, my daughter just turned 3 on the 11th.....
And shes quite the little holy terror at times.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

How old is your daughter? Is the one that was carrying the fish around the same one who was rolling around the floor?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

How old is your daughter? Is the one that was carrying the fish around the same one who was rolling around the floor?
My daughter is 3!! And yes she is the same one who decided to roll on the floor at the vet,
She didnt mean to drop the poor fishie, and she kept saying "sorry, I didnt mean to"

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Phew! That makes me feel a bit better
Im kinda worried about the tap water though, since it was chlorinated
I used tap water for my Bettas as well, but I let it sit for 24 hours before using it.
Walmart probably uses just tap water for their fish anyway...

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww bless , but i have to admit i cant wait for him to grow out of the tanturm stages lol , my 2 girls were angels at his age. my son always wants to hold the fish bag to , so i wait untill were sitting in the car , as he likes to throw things and swing things.(his great with the cats)

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Walmart=stress in my opinion. Every time I go in my blood pressure rises. Whether it's a price check that takes an eternity, a super long line, lack of employee assistance, out of stock products, parking lot bottlenecks, crowds, messy and chaotic displays (especially holiday ornaments), the list goes on.
So, I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with a pet life/death scenario in that store.
Your fish will probably be fine. When I was a kid and didn't know better, we kept our fish in a bowl with only tap water. They didn't die because of it.
Hope you're now settled with a glass of wine, etc. and are ready to enjoy your weekend!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, I'm so sorry you had such an awful day!
I usually have bad luck, but I can't compare to the day you've had! I hope you have better luck with bettas than I did. I could never keep one alive and I changed the water, etc, but they would always get sick.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About the betta- this is an AWESOME site that has a section specifically dedicated to bettas. It's like TCS but for fish

www.aquaria.info

Bryan- (essayon89) recommended it to me a few days ago -he's a mod there. my sn is the same as it is on here. if you join - one of the forums is specifically for bettas- lots of good advice and tops on there. Be sure to add some "stress coat" to his tank
if he was that long without water- his slime coating might be damaged.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fish are delicate animals and very hard to maintain. Imo, i wouldnt let any child under 10 carry fish around!