Do dryer balls work?

littlebugger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone used the Magic Fur Ball or a similar product in their dryer to remove cat hair from clothes? Do they work?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And, for that matter, do the plastic balls with the little nubbies on them really work to soften your fabrics in lieu of fabric softener?

(I've been wondering about these "magic" balls, myself!
)

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't know about cat hair but they fluff my clothes for sure!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

And, for that matter, do the plastic balls with the little nubbies on them really work to soften your fabrics in lieu of fabric softener?

(I've been wondering about these "magic" balls, myself!
)
Don't bother buying the plastic balls to use as fabirc softener, you can go the cheaper route of tennis balls, my mother and I have used those for years, they do a fantasic job of softening.

Now that I think about it, I have never seen any cathair on stuff coming from the dryer, so the tennis balls may work there as well.

Though if cat hair is on your clothes coming out of the dryer, I would first thoroughly clean the lint trap and the exhaust hose first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlebugger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, guys, for your replies. Please keep the info coming!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used some that you put in the wash, it batters your clothes to death
and are very noisy, its sounds like you are washing a tons of stones in there
they were only for removing dirt and supposedly putting air into your clothes BAH !

I was looking for those balls you put in that remove cat hairs too - someone recommended me some but they were from the State and they didnt ship to Spain
these went in with the wash, and had like 'velcro' on and the hairs are supposed to get caught ! So as I couldnt get them I cant really say, but I seem to remember whoever recommended them said they were good. I´ll check back in my threads !

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Cat hair adds character!

But I really don't know about the dryer balls!
I am proud to wear cat hair!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlebugger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Moofi, QVC has the "Magic Fur Ball." Supposedly, a guy from Indiana spent 6 months designing it specifically to remove animal hair. I went ahead and ordered one......I'll let you know how it goes.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LittleBugger

Moofi, QVC has the "Magic Fur Ball." Supposedly, a guy from Indiana spent 6 months designing it specifically to remove animal hair. I went ahead and ordered one......I'll let you know how it goes.
ooooooo.......please do, QVC ships everywhere

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When you see a piece of cat hair in your food or drink and it doesn't bother you -- that's when you know you're a true cat lover!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

When you see a piece of cat hair in your food or drink and it doesn't bother you -- that's when you know you're a true cat lover!
Every night DH and I are wondering who will be the winner! We make a game out of it. Kinda like for good luck.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

Every night DH and I are wondering who will be the winner! We make a game out of it. Kinda like for good luck.
Hey that's a good idea!