Why I love being a non-techie in a techie environmemnt

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My laptop and desktop both just froze up for no apparent reason. I swore at the computers and did the whole "ahhhhh I've got unsaved work!!!!" thing.

So 2 of the guys near me immediately came to my rescue, logged into my profile remotely, found the problem, and restarted stuff and fixed it without me losing my work.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you didn't lose your work. I need to gets some techies like that here! Ours always say "restart the computer!"

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

My laptop and desktop both just froze up for no apparent reason. I swore at the computers and did the whole "ahhhhh I've got unsaved work!!!!" thing.

So 2 of the guys near me immediately came to my rescue, logged into my profile remotely, found the problem, and restarted stuff and fixed it without me losing my work.
I thought MAC's didn't have problems. LOL!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate ours, I called them on a problem this morning and walked him how to fix it just because I don't have admin rights on the computer and can't do it myself

The can't even make a rule in outlook by themselves!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I thought MAC's didn't have problems. LOL!
It was a Firefox thing - Firefox crashed
Once they remotely restarted Firefox, both the desktop and laptop came back to life

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I hate ours, I called them on a problem this morning and walked him how to fix it just because I don't have admin rights on the computer and can't do it myself

The can't even make a rule in outlook by themselves!
That's annoying! These guys aren't helpdesk, but very very smart computer engineers, so this is easy for them