We have acheived lickage!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I admit that I didn't actually SEE it, but...

Last night the kits were playing in the living room on the floor in front of the TV, and I had just given each of them some Petromalt (which Ferris doesn't seem to like very much.)

At one point, I saw Ginger, with her back to me, doing something to Ferris' head. It looked like she was biting his ears, so I asked my roomie (who had a better view of her face) to tell me what she was doing to Ferris, and he said she was LICKING HIM!!!!

This is a first - she might have thought he had some Petromalt on his head (she LOVES the stuff.) LOL!

But she didn't melt, the ceiling didn't cave in, and he stayed VERY still while she was licking him, so I think we may just have hope that there just MAY be a future cuddle session in store for these two!

I'm so excited - isn't that silly?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not at all silly, that's wonderful

Love the thread title btw, I just had to look at the thread!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ferris has come such a long way! Go Ferris!! Cuddling with your sister is fun! Not to mention extra warm!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woohoooooo good work!!!!! I must admit that I deliberately put Gerber baby food on both Lily and Smudge when the were newbies in my house to "encourage" lickage!!

That's so cool they had the beginnings on a licking session, maybe you should put some more Petromalt on Ferris' head and see what happens? Ginger can get hers that way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Woohoooooo good work!!!!! I must admit that I deliberately put Gerber baby food on both Lily and Smudge when the were newbies in my house to "encourage" lickage!!

That's so cool they had the beginnings on a licking session, maybe you should put some more Petromalt on Ferris' head and see what happens? Ginger can get hers that way
It's soooo devious - but I admit, that thought crossed my mind after seeing this last night! I just might have to do that, LOL - but if she DOESN'T lick him, then poor Ferris will be stuck with Petromalt on his head, and bathing him is not even a consideration, unless I want to lose both my arms and perhaps an eye.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so sweet and a definite step forward in their relationship!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woo-Hoo!!! It must be so cool to watch how their relationship progresses & you must get that warm fuzzy feeling inside at moments like those!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Not at all silly, that's wonderful

Love the thread title btw, I just had to look at the thread!
we all get excited about things like that! i posted a pic the first time i caught Pixel & Cable snuggling together!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great and I understand your excitement. Today I caught Ellie licking Biscotte for the first time too. These milestones are wonderful.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is SO great Betsy!!! The funny thing is LuckyGirl always gets this annoyed look when she grooms Louie....like it's so bothersome to have to groom her brother, but he is just such a mess that she can't let him go ungroomed!