How often

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you set out to watch something on the tv and wake up later to find out you fell asleep a few minutes into the show. I do that quite often if I am tired. I fell asleep while watching A Haunting last night and I had wanted to watch it. I really hate when I do it during a moving. But my sheets was fresh out of the dryer and had the lavendar and vanilla scent and I had all three girls curled up asleep with me and I conked out.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL~I do that all the time
Its really annoying when I order a pay per view movie off tv and then conk out!! Im out the $$ then,hehehe.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't do it, I can't fall asleep watching TV! I get all uncomfortable and antsy until I finally go to bed.

I have one of those brains that doesn't turn off if I'm awake. I don't daydream if someone(s) is talking; I hear every single word. I can't read and listen to music, because I can't give both my full attention.

I wish I could fall asleep while watching TV... that means I could chill out (and maybe learn how to daydream).

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it, when i fall asleep when it starts and wake up when it ends!

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More often than not
This week I fell asleep during one of my favorite showes "Bones". Caught a few minutes in the beginning and at the end.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At least you were in bed. The absolute worst is waking up fully clothed on the sofa and it's morning and the TV is still on. Plus you have a stiff neck.
I have done this only rarely on a Friday night if I had a long day and week at work. But it really ruins the whole weekend.

Also bad: waking up on sofa in the middle of the night and you can't get back to sleep once you go up to bed.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

At least you were in bed. The absolute worst is waking up fully clothed on the sofa and it's morning and the TV is still on. Plus you have a stiff neck.
altho i usually wake up before morning - i turn the heat way down at night so i'll wake up 'cause i'm cold
but i usually only do this late at night - you know, after 10 or 11 pm...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Do you set out to watch something on the tv and wake up later to find out you fell asleep a few minutes into the show. I do that quite often if I am tired. I fell asleep while watching A Haunting last night and I had wanted to watch it.
It was just a rerun of the Dark Forest episode, they'll rerun it a couple more times before they get any new episodes.

I always doze off during commercials, especially if it's a channel that I have to turn the volume down during them.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Used to happen more times than I could count, until I stopped watching so much TV and discovered TCS!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I can't do it, I can't fall asleep watching TV! I get all uncomfortable and antsy until I finally go to bed.

I have one of those brains that doesn't turn off if I'm awake. I don't daydream if someone(s) is talking; I hear every single word. I can't read and listen to music, because I can't give both my full attention.

I wish I could fall asleep while watching TV... that means I could chill out (and maybe learn how to daydream).

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
I fall asleep every night watching tv, that is the only way I can go to sleep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Used to happen more times than I could count, until I stopped watching so much TV and discovered TCS!
LOL I fall asleep if I am really tired while online sometimes and have been known to fall out of my chair what a rude awaking. But I haven't done that since I quit working the graveyard shift.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hell603

More often than not
This week I fell asleep during one of my favorite showes "Bones". Caught a few minutes in the beginning and at the end.
Bones was really good this week. I don't normally like it that much.

I fall asleep while watching tv pretty much daily. I just rewind the show and watch it again.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate that...also I will be waiting to watch a really good t.v show next thing u kno I am waking up and its 1 in the morning
so the next day I complain to my mom because she didnt wake me up
I always try to tell my mom to make sure im up but does she??? Of course not, just like yesterday I wanted to wake up by 5 and well I woke up at 6...I also hate when I wait to watch a movie or something and I fall asleep, my schedule is so messed up sleeping wise and I hate it
but what can u do!! So quit often I fall asleep watching something

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually watch desperate housewifes in bed, and I've missed the end soooo many times! I always think, it won't hurt if I just close my eyes while the adverts are on - then wake up an hour or so later!

I was wondering if anyone had fallen asleep online!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
I also cannot read with the TV or Radio on, my brain can just do one thing at a time. When I read, I must have silence.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the program is on on network TV and I have a feeling I may fall asleep, I put a tape in my VCR just in case, then I can always watch it at another time.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did that tonight when Colin and I were watching a movie before he went to work. I was so comfortable snuggled up with him on the couch and exhaused from work all day that i just fell asleep

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup i do it all the time usually curled up with steve buttonight i was trying to watch king of the hill so i could tell him what happened..but i was out like a light