What one thing you own do you love?

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always figured that If my house burned down I wouldn't grab anything to save except for the cats, but since my grandmother passed away it has changed.
My Grandmother from the first memory I have had a picture hanging on the wall in her room. The picture was of my great-great-grandmother at the age of 13. I have alwasy thought it was enchanting and loved it. For many years befor she passed away my grandmother told me that the picture looked like my cousin Josaphine so that she should have it when my grandmother passed away.
After Grandma passed I lived at her house cleaning and packing up her things. One of the last things we packed were the items designated for particular members of the family. So I gently lifted the picture off the wall and handed it to my father. He almost imediately burst into tears.
My grandmother had... some time long ago (befor her handwriting got bad) written "To my darling Rhonda, your great-great-grandmother Girtrude Winnifred Rouse in her 13th year" I burst into tears also. I can't imagine ever loosing this picture.
I now would grab the cats and the picture of my gggrandma

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think that I would have time to grab anything, I have too many pets. It would take me a couple trips just to get them all out.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I don't think that I would have time to grab anything, I have too many pets. It would take me a couple trips just to get them all out.

I would try my darndest to get photos and stuff.......and I made a scrap book in my dads memory and really wouldnt wanna leave that behind

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've thought about this before. My grandfather was stationed in Germany during WW2. When his tour was over he brought back with him a hand sculpted horse. It sits on my desk and I look at it everytime and think of him. I'd have to grab it if I could. But I do admit I wouldn't risk my life or the life of my family (fur-family included) to save it. Even though it has value to me life is more important. Id love to take it to the antique roadshow though!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After getting everyone out, I don't know if I'd have time to grab anything else.
I'd let the dogs right ouside first, then grab all the cats and shove them in the car or something. the doggs won't tke off, but the cats would and I'd never find them again.

i don't really have anything that means alot to me.. my animals are my everything. I've been sitting here trying to think.. but nothing comes to mind.
May the autographed script cover from one of the tv shows i watch, but other than that. I can't think of anything.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The one thing I'd grab besides my pets would be a pic of Jessie, the Black Lab pup I (essentially) killed. A big part of my died the day she did & that one pic is all I've got left!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't really think of anything other than my family members/animals.. probably old family pictures, though.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After Harley & Davidson- I'm really not too sure, I'd have to say some photos for sure.

kateyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After saving my cats I'ld get my photo albums or journals if I had the time.
If I don't have the time its not a big deal... some memories can never be erased from my mind and I guess thats what counts.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After grabbing the kitties and getting everyone out safely (since they can't be replaced) and if there is time, I'd grab some photos and the important papers.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides grabbing the cats I would also grab their pictures and make sure to take Midnight's urn. I couldn't bear to lose her a second time.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having lost my house and most of my possessions the begining of my senior year of highschool, I have to speak up on this one. I have to admit, I had always thought these things before what I would grab and what I couldn't live without...when it comes down to it, none of it matters. Your most important memories are in your heart, and your family getting out safe will be all that you think of. I lost a lot of precious momentos, and I also managed to salvage a precious few after the fact. While I did mourn the things that I lost, mostly I was just grateful. Grateful that my family was all alive, and grateful that I had found the things that I did. That was four years ago, and to this day I'll randomly think of something that I had as a child that was lost in that fire. I'll miss it for a moment, but then one thing always runs through my mind. I've gotten along just fine without it since then, would that have been the same if it would have been a family member lost? I'm not criticizing you guys at all. I did the same thing, I've just learned the hard way that material things, no matter how much sentimental value they may have, are still just things.

If I ever had to go through that again, I wouldn't even bother with things. I would just worry about my family and my animals making it out safely. Theres not one thing in my home that I would rathar save, or that I couldn't live without.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides the cats of course, which I already feel would be hell because Saki would be so scared he'd go straight under the bed, ah I dont even want to think about it. Anyway, I would grab my purse and keys of course and try to grab my stack of backup disks from my computer.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not just saying this because TCS, the only thing, most important no matter what was happening, is Maia. She gives me life, do whatever I would have to to give her the best I life back!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i cant really think of anything.

the old guns i have are in storage, hmm maybe the new computer i just bulit??
are family never took pics, and the few we haev my sister has them. i always traveled to much to get things i cared about.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
That painting of your gggrandmother is beautiful and a treasure for you to keep
forever.

I don't have any meaningful family stuff,I never really knew anything about them.

The only thing I really treasure is my Rb babies ashes and the little tufts of fur
I have of them and my living furbabes.
If I had to save anything in a fire and I was in when it happened,I would just have to let my babies out the window and that would probly be the last I saw of them because most of them are feral
If I got them all out which I honestly don't think I would because they would panic,Then I would get my Rb babies ashes and fur out.
I wouldn't bother about pics because I have copies at my dads in case anything happens.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grabbin' the kitties and making sure they are safe of course is the first thing after my kiddos...but they'd probably each grab one of the kitties so that's that! I too have lots & lots of photos which are very precious so after my family was safe, that's what I'd want to grab...anything else can be replaced.

Hilda >^..^<

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to save my pictures. BUT With so many animals there would be no time and as long as they all got out safe thats all that would matter to me.