An update about Dr. Claw...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So tonight was the first night I let Dr. Claw out for a supervised visit with the boys. I have to say... it went well. There was a lot of sniffing, a lot of discovery, and a lot of playing with kitty toys.

Dr. Claw's previous owners are a piece of work, because they really didn't believe in kitty toys. After Dr. Claw discovered that the crinkle balls were for him he purred and gave me the sweetest look.

I think he's going to like it here.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dr. Claw is so lucky! It's sad when they've never seen cat toys before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Dr. Claw is so lucky! It's sad when they've never seen cat toys before.
He went crazy! I think he's going to be a playful little guy once he gets over his fears.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great update! I am sooo excited to hear how well he's adjusted into the new family
He is going to have the best home with you and your hubby heather!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

What a great update! I am sooo excited to hear how well he's adjusted into the new family
He is going to have the best home with you and your hubby heather!
I have to admit... he did make a small mistake by trying to go after 8-Bit's banana. There was a small discussion, in cat talk of course, about how that was 8-Bit's toy, and that Dr. Claw would have to find his own. I just ordered some new things from him from Plain Brown Tabby, so I think we shall have this worked out quite proper once those things arrive.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

GASP! He went after the banana!?!?! And he's still alive??
8-Bit was quite nice about it. He bopped Dr. Claw on the head with no claws extended. It was a friendly reminder that the banana was his, and no one should ever touch it. 8-Bit then dragged it up the cat tree and sulked.
Originally Posted by Bella713

I'm so impressed with your boys, it sounds like it was pretty calm, no bloodshed...or hissing.
Scratch isn't very pleased, but he's over the hissing for the most part. We are going to take things very slow because of his reactions. I'm going to use him as my barometer.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

8-Bit was quite nice about it. He bopped Dr. Claw on the head with no claws extended. It was a friendly reminder that the banana was his, and no one should ever touch it. 8-Bit then dragged it up the cat tree and sulked.

Scratch isn't very pleased, but he's over the hissing for the most part. We are going to take things very slow because of his reactions. I'm going to use him as my barometer.
I think I need to go to bed...I read that as "hammer" not "barometer"!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that's absolutely awesome news, I am sooooo pleased to hear he's settling in so well!!!

So are some of your fears about him settling down now? You KNOW this is the right home for him now? What does your DH think about it all?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow, that's absolutely awesome news, I am sooooo pleased to hear he's settling in so well!!!

So are some of your fears about him settling down now? You KNOW this is the right home for him now? What does your DH think about it all?
DH is very happy. He just wants all three of them to get along faster.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It certainly sounds as if he's going to be a "perfect fit" in your family/home. He's a lucky little kitty to have ended up with you.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

It certainly sounds as if he's going to be a "perfect fit" in your family/home. He's a lucky little kitty to have ended up with you.
Really, I'm the lucky one. I had a nightmare last night and he woke me up with headbutts and trills. He was worried about me.

Thank God this kitty came into my life... he's really special.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love those little bops on the heads....my 2 now will bop each other, they look like school girls fighting over a boy.... a smack in the face for you, a smack in the face for me!

That sounds really good Heather!