Neighbor tries to Kill stray cats

ocean12fish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I was aware that our neighbor doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t like cat. But didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know he could be that mean.

Yesterday when I was placing food on ground in front of the house, he came from nowhere and swept over the food!! I was so pissed off and asked what he was doing… He started talking in Spanish.. I told him I could not understand him, he even said this is Florida, if you donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t speak Spanish, go back to you own country.. I never saw any crazy old people like him…

I asked him why he hates cat so much.. he pointed at his car, saying the cats scratch his car, blah, blah… when I tired to verify evidence, he said itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s too dark now.. tomorrow.. And also he said the cats drink from his fountain. From the body language, I guess he would put some toxic stuff in the water, and KILL all the cats drinking there!!

That moment, one of my roommates came out, he said this old man complains everything.. crazy.. And also he agreed with me that the stray cats have been around for a long time.. not just because I am feeding them then they are here… but that sob doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t care what we are talking about…

By the way, I told my roomie, I knew he threw pebbles from his back yard when I let my cats (2 strictly in-door cats) playing in the balcony. The first time, when I heard the noise, and tried to talk to him, he just went inside, and hid from me. Then I found 2 pieces of small stone same as those in his back yard. The second time, my husband was home, and saw him ran inside again! But my roomie said next time you just call 911…

And more over, there are about 10 stray cats around. But I have noticed, among these cats, one 3~4 months old kitten lost one leg!! Another cat lost one eye. And I think one other cat has extremely short tail. For sure they were hurt by human on purpose as the damage rate is way too high!!

Bad thing is my husband and me are still students at this moment, sharing this townhouse with other people currently. We donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have our own house or affordable place for these many cats. And as far as I know, our local shelter is a kill one, over 3 days, no adoption, no life!!

This time it is really outrageous… So my question is what shall I do with this sick man, does 911 really help in this kind of issues? Or is there any regulations or whatever law regarding this?

Appreciate all your help!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really would go talk to the police and see if anything could be done. If he is abusing these strays, he might could get in trouble.

Please keep us posted on this situation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ocean12fish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your reply.
But the thing is I don't have any hard evidence to prove he is the one abusing the cats. And I don't hope that when the police can't help, then they would call for the shelter, which might be a really dead end..

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Do you know anybody that speaks spanish that could talk to him and
tell him there has always been a problem round where you live with rats
and vermin coming up out of the drains,and thats why the cats are there?
To stop diseases?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ocean12fish

Thanks for your reply.
But the thing is I don't have any hard evidence to prove he is the one abusing the cats. And I don't hope that when the police can't help, then they would call for the shelter, which might be a really dead end..
Are you getting these cats fixed as well as feeding them?? There are some great doorknob hangers that explain about TNR that come in English and Spanish. You can get them on the Alley Cat Allies website.

Katie

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That guy sounds nuts. I would definately call the cops. Start video taping everything that goes on that way you have evidence. Make sure its legal of cource but you may need proof. I don't even know if you can legaly press charges for cats that don't belong to you. See if you can.

The thing that I noticed from your post to and its a bit off topic is what he said to you,

Originally Posted by ocean12fish

He started talking in Spanish.. I told him I could not understand him, he even said this is Florida, if you donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t speak Spanish, go back to you own country..
Since when was Spanish the main language of Florida in the USA? I know there are a lot of Spanish speakers here, heck I live in San Diego. But when did Spanish become the main language. Shouldent he go back to his own country? Not to sound racist but if he is going to come here than he needs to have respect for us and learn our language. I know alot of americans who travel to other countries and they learn the language. What makes us different. Sorry to rant a d kind of hijack but all around this guy makes me so
I could spit
Hes a dumb

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Start video taping everything that goes on that way you have evidence."

Isnt it illegal to videotape other people without their consent? I dont know for sure, but you wouldn't want to get in trouble yourself over this either.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The laws vary state to state.
Thats why I said t find out first. Some states you can video tape, tap ohones whate ever with out the other persons consent. P.I.s do these things all the time with out consent, whether it can be used in court is anouther thing. If she did have to tell him "hey I will be taping everything from here on out" maybe it will be enough to stop him. I know if I was doing something that was not right and someone said I will be tping you I would stop whatever it was I was doing.