Is this bad or good??

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok well I have recently bought cat trees and well Bella tries to eat the rope..is this normal I am just worried because shes more interested in chewing it than scratching it or anything like that...any one elses cats try to "eat" the rope ??? I also noticed early that under her chin she has cut herself somehow we are presuming from her scratching it doesnt seem to bother her eaither u can pet her under her chin and she doesnt care but she is really into trying to eat this rope on the cat tree, dont get me wrong she does scratch but with 6 cats and only one does it that had me questioning things as in if that was normal or not !!! U have to remember to that Bella was a stray that found us and well I just dont know how any one could get rid of such a cuddley kittie all she wants to do is cuddle and be on ur shoulder and also to give u kisses and she loves to sleep under the covers right on u which is a pain sometimes
but she is about a year and a half because when we took her in the vet said she was a little under a year and well that was july/august!!! But i am just so curious about this biting the rope!!!!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I guess the only thing I would think about is actually gnawing on it, literally eating it, what is it made of and could it irritate her mouth, gums. Other then that, I think its great she found something that was introduced for the cats so attractive
! Usually its everything but!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Well, I guess the only thing I would think about is actually gnawing on it, literally eating it, what is it made of and could it irritate her mouth, gums. Other then that, I think its great she found something that was introduced for the cats so attractive
! Usually its everything but!
ok shes gnawing on it I knew i used the wrong term
its too late/early in the morning for me
but she was gnawing on it and well she ran around and played for a bit after but shes on her little bed of course the wrong way sleeping
I dont know I am hoping that its not irratating her mouth, why they gotta make things so attractive to cats for cats like bella who likes to try to gnaw and eat everything
she is a gnawer and thanx for giving me the right word, also when I tried to take it off of her she grabbed my hands with those claws
what a brat, I just wanna make sure this is safe and cant hurt her and I am hoping that she did just scratch herself on her chin and its not caused from her gnawing on this and well we are snowed in right now of course being the only house on our street sux
and the fact that no one has money because no ones been able to go to work for the last week, and well monday my dad had a conlonoscapy done (its that time of year for him) and well then the storm hit monday late night, u can go ice skating in our alley tho
but I just dont want to freak out and see if this is normal for them gnawing on the rope

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!
You have a lot going on! I'm in NYC and basically we have 1/5 of what was originally for casted in snow. I wouldn't worry to much about her gnawing on the rope ...... How old is she? Some younger kitties tend to do this till adult teeth are fully grown. Just watch for eating it, I say this because it can become a habit that moves to other things......

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow!
You have a lot going on! I'm in NYC and basically we have 1/5 of what was originally for casted in snow. I wouldn't worry to much about her gnawing on the rope ...... How old is she? Some younger kitties tend to do this till adult teeth are fully grown. Just watch for eating it, I say this because it can become a habit that moves to other things......
as far as I kno she is just chewing on it not actually eating it I hope, but she is around a year and a half I would guess now I have noticed tho that she only does this with rope because we also had one of the scratchers u can hang on the door and well there was rope on that one and she would chew/gnaw on that one as well, and well as the snow goes we have more than 8 inches I do believe my brother went out and measured it himself and it was 8 and that was in the middle of the storm and well thats just the snow not the ice that we have as well !!! Shouldnt her adult teeth already be in tho seeing that she is over a year old??? And well by her teeth thats how the vet was able to tell her age...hmm now u got me thinking

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she likes rope
, thats a new one for me! Another thing that comes to mind is that sometimes cats do things that get our attention, once they know they have our attention by doing whatever it is they shouldn't be doing, they will keep doing it!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sounds like she likes rope
, thats a new one for me! Another thing that comes to mind is that sometimes cats do things that get our attention, once they know they have our attention by doing whatever it is they shouldn't be doing, they will keep doing it!
but bellas always got my attention, and usually when she wants loven she just jumps on my back and then moves around when I am on the computer and well when she wants under the covers she nudges them with her nose its too cute, but shes my big baby she got mad when I tried to take the rope away but I dont want that to be under her chin is mesed up because maybe she is irritating it u kno, she just loves to be bad because she can get away with murder
shes mamas big gurl what else is there to say
my bella is attracted to a rope
what am i going to do

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

but bellas always got my attention, and usually when she wants loven she just jumps on my back and then moves around when I am on the computer and well when she wants under the covers she nudges them with her nose its too cute, but shes my big baby she got mad when I tried to take the rope away but I dont want that to be under her chin is mesed up because maybe she is irritating it u kno, she just loves to be bad because she can get away with murder
shes mamas big gurl what else is there to say
my bella is attracted to a rope
what am i going to do
Exactly....................it gets your full attention! Her mission is complete