is there anything that i should give her

trudge1978

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi all
just wondering if there is anything extra that i should be giving bubble how that she is in her final stage of her pregnanty
she is having her meat and biscuit and some kitten food aswell cos i was told that it would be good for her
she is also having whiskas kitten milks aswell as fresh water
plus today she had some fish and chicken breast
hope she is ok to have all of this
from trudi

p.s we can now feel the babies moving around and kicking so does anyone know roughly how long she has got left as i don't have a clue

many thanks again trudi

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever since you found out she was pregnant she should be on high quality dry and wet kitten food. She should have it available at all times all the way until her babies are weaned. She will at some point show them how to eat it and wean them herself when she feels they are ready. You really don't need to suppliment her diet unless she is underweight or ill. Whiskas should just be a treat.

What do you mean by "her meat and buscuit"? Do you cook for her? And what is buscuit? Dry food or treats?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cats are pregnant for 63 days . do you know roughly when she first got pregnant? , movement dosnt always give you a rough guess , as it depends on how many are in there , so for instance if she is only carrying 1-2 you might not feel movement untill nearer the time she is due , but if she has a few you can start to fell movemnt when she is about 6 weeks pregnant.
please make sure you are keeping her indoors only as you would not want her giving birth outside . and make sure she can not get outside untill she has been spayed as they can become pregnant as early as a week after deliverying her kittens. and this is not healthy for her atall.
make sure she is on a very good kitten food i normally use royal canini wet kitten food if i am looking after a pregnant queen. and i use sicence plan dry kitten food. i would only give whiskers milk as a treat , if you want to give her milk everyday , you can get a kitten replacment milk called kmr or lactol. both are fine for her to have and can provide her with nutricen for when her babys are nursing on her. you can buy the kmr in most pet shops , the bigger pet shops will sell royal canini and other good kitten foods. i live in england aswell , but about 2 hours away from you , so not to sure what pet stores you have near you.
have you set her up with a birthing box as yet ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trudge1978

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she has a constant supply of dry kitten food and wet kitten food all the time
she has taken to staying in my bedroom alot in the last couple of day she will sometimes come downstairs but not for very long then she is off back up stairs to the bedroom we have a birthing box for her but she has took the bedding out and took it into the bottem of my wardrobe this is where she is sleeping as well will she be ok to have them in there or do i need to try and get her to use the birthing box she only has the wishkas kitten milks as a treat and the fish is a treat to
trudi

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're doing fine.

If you're ok with her having kittens in the wardrobe then that's fine too!
Can the box fit into the wardobe?

trudge1978

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
not the box won't fit but my husband is going to have a go at making her another one tomorrow that is smaller so that it will fit in the wardrobe

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i put a birthing box in the wardrobe and she refused to go in it , so in the end i just used some blankets and she was happy to have them there.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pregnant cats sure have a mind of their own, don't they?

Is the lip of the wardrobe high enough to keep little kits from falling out? Other than that it sounds like quite a cozy nesting spot, though you might not get to use your wardrobe for a while!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About a week or two before kittens are due, all I did was start feeding the kitten food to the mom and let her eat that throughout the nursing time. Nothing more - no milk, etc.

Be sure the kitten food is a top quality brand to give maximum results

trudge1978

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she has taken to the wardrobe which is built in and the is no step up on it it's level with floor
she has also started nesting on my bed ( i do hope she does'nt have them there )

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its very possible that she can have them on your bed , if you do see her going into labour , just gently move her in to the place that she has been nesting , she may or may not stay there though. good luck

trudge1978

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
not sign of any yet will keep you all posted
she now has milk in here teats so think it will be long

fudge's mum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When is she due to have them Trudi? Must be soon now! Mine is also due anytime soon....thought she would have had them by now to be honest, but no they're still in there!!
Cant really blame them,its probably listening to my noisy kids!!At least they went bak to school yesterday(hurrah!!)so me and fudge have had lots of peace!!

trudge1978

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
bubbles is prob thinking the same as i have got god children here this week ( half term ) she is staying well out of there way
they keep going to the bedroom door and shout to her through the door " Have you had your babies bubbles "
bless them they are so excited cos two of the babies will be going to there house with them

trudge1978

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
all is fine here
still no sign of babies
me and my husband tried to work it out with my mother in law as to when it was the bubble got out we are now thinking she is due sometime between 10th -14th march

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh wow , a big difference to what you was expecting then. we looking at about the 8th march , but maybe thinking its a bit later