I'm Stupid

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok you know I have a hurt foot. Well I was suppose to go to a foot doctor. I thought it was tomorrow. It was today! The lady didn't even want to reschedule but she did. For Monday.. So now I've been off work for a really long time... And I'm going to owe the company.
How could I be so stupid. I had the urge to double check last night. I should have listened.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I HATE it when that happens! I am so sorry.

I've done that to Gary before. "No, your appointment is tomorrow." Uh - I was wrong. I ruined our relationship with a great doc that way once.

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

They don't call you the day before to remind you of your appointment?!
Nope. This office never does.. Worst part is that I'll miss more work. Which has got to be irritating my boss and my bank account.

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hate when that happens....if you have to go back...maybe ask the person booking to put a note by your name to call the day before to confirm....I know as a receptionist I will call if there is a note....Just a suggestion.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Ok you know I have a hurt foot. Well I was suppose to go to a foot doctor. I thought it was tomorrow. It was today! The lady didn't even want to reschedule but she did. For Monday.. So now I've been off work for a really long time... And I'm going to owe the company.
How could I be so stupid. I had the urge to double check last night. I should have listened.
It's hearing things like this that make me ashamed to get irritated when the nurse calls me the day before my appointment to remind me that I have an appointment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

It's hearing things like this that make me ashamed to get irritated when the nurse calls me the day before my appointment to remind me that I have an appointment.
Ya know I use to get irritated too. Expecially when they refused to just leave a message and kept calling back one time while I was working! I do understand that they put that slot in just for me and I waste their time. But seriously not taking people in who haven't shown up? I think that's a bit far. I mean it was an honest mistake. But I wouldn't have been able to go even if I had realized it earlier. I had no transportation and even if I did I won't drive on bad roads. Granted they were not as bad as they could have been. But still. A light dusting and I stay home or hubby drives.