New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bengals/Ocicats - Page 2

post #31 of 52
Thread Starter 
OK, let's see how good I am at telling the differences

1 - Oci
2. Oci ? (picture is too small to tell for me)
3. Bengal
4. Bengal
5. Oci
6. Bengal
7. Oci
8. Bengal
9. Oci
10. Bengal (?)
11. Oci
12. Bengal
13. Oci
14. Bengal
15. Oci
16. Bengal
17, 18, 19 - all Oci's
20. Oci
21.-24. Bengals

How many did I get right? (and which are wrong?)
post #32 of 52
Thread Starter 
Thanks Tiff. This is the first time I've tried - was pleased to find out (from you) I got 16 of 24 right. Hubby just took the test (not seeing my answers or yours) and got 16 of 24 right.

And he's just started in cats !
post #33 of 52
Sheesh Tiff, difficult much? Here's mine..

1. Oci
2. Bengal
3. Bengal
4. Oci (Chanan took the pic)
5. hmmm Oci maybe
6. Definately Bengal
7. Bengal
8. Bengal
9. Oci
10 & 11. Bengals
12. Oci
13 & 14. Oci
15. Bengal
16. Bengal
17. Bengal
18 - 20. Ocicats
21 - 22. Ocicats
23 - 24, Bengals

How'd I do???
post #34 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
Thanks Tiff. This is the first time I've tried - was pleased to find out (from you) I got 16 of 24 right. Hubby just took the test (not seeing my answers or yours) and got 16 of 24 right.

And he's just started in cats !
Your husband has a great eye for a newbie! I POSTED the pics and I have to refer to my answer sheet for answers.
post #35 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanyjbt View Post
Here are the ones that look a little similar to me. Can YOU tell which is which?
Okies, here we go.. and I make the disclaimer that I have no real knowledge of Ocicats except that I've seen them here and there at a show in cages and occasionally in a picture online. I'm basing this on my Bengal knowledge and that is limited other than directly related to my two (one of which is a marble), so.. I will probably get many wrong, lol.

Ocis: 1, 4, 5, 6, 9, 13, 15, 16, 17, 19, 22, 23, 24,

Bengals: 2, 3, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 20, 21,

11, I just can't tell, but I would hazard Oci.
post #36 of 52
Nyeh nyeh GK - I got 20/24!!! It's all in the muzzle and the eyes! BTW, according to the quiz master we only were wrong on only one of the same!
post #37 of 52
You guys are pretty good at this. I'll give everyone the weekend to figure out who's who, and then I'll post the answers in the thread. This is fun!
post #38 of 52
1 Oci
2 Bengal
3 Bengal
4 Oci
5 Oci
6 Bengal
7 Bengal
8 Bengal
9 Oci
10 Bengal
11 Oci
12 Bengal
13 Oci
14 Oci
15 Oci
16 Bengal
17 Bengal
18 Oci
19 Oci
20 Oci
21 Oci
22 Oci
23 Bengal
24 Oci
post #39 of 52
K folks, I'm gonna be offline for a while, so if I don't answer right away don't think I'm ignoring you.
post #40 of 52
I got 20 out of 24 correct. On the whole, I'd say I know my Bengals.
post #41 of 52
Thread Starter 
lmbo - that's ok, I'm still learning. That's why I want to do a more detailed comparison at the shows and post picture for everyone. I'm starting to tell more on the face, but some of the pictures you could not tell very well.

Like I said, some are PET oci's or bengals and that's why others get confused.
post #42 of 52
Yes I agree a lot of them are pet quality, and in that case it is hard to tell. Some of them actually looked like moggies to me.
post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanyjbt View Post
Here are the ones that look a little similar to me. Can YOU tell which is which?

1.Ocicat
2.Bengal
3.Bengal
4.Ocicat
5.Ocicat
6.Bengal
7.Bengal
8.Bengal
9.Ocicat
10.Bengal
11.Ocicat
12.Bengal
More to follow...
post #44 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanyjbt View Post
More:

13.Ocicat
14.Bengal
15.Bengal
16.Bengal
17.Bengal
18.Ocicat
19.Ocicat
20.Ocicat
21.Ocicat
22.Ocicat
23.Ocicat
24.Bengal
Cool, huh???
post #45 of 52
Thread Starter 
Yep, will admit I need to study the 2 breeds more But it was fun. We both went back (DH and I) and really looked at the pictures so we would know better.

Was hoping that Nial would have taken the test before the answers

I'm looking forward to the ACFA show end of the month - really hope there is a bengal owner there willing to help me out in picture taking so we all can learn. DH is good with the camera - hopefully we can get them close enough (so they don't get too upset) and have head - front/side views, body views, etc. for comparison.
post #46 of 52
This is a great thread. I was wondering the difference in these breeds myself. The photo quiz was ingenious Kudos for it.

As I looked at them I was thinking the the Bengal's looked more satin coated then the Oci's. Now that I've seen the answers I wish I had stopped to take the quiz. lol

I loved all the beautiful photo's
post #47 of 52
WOW I got 20/24
post #48 of 52
Thread Starter 
In a few months we should do this again to see if we've improved
post #49 of 52
I was wondering not just look wise but personality wise what were the main differences between the two breeds (I know individual variation between cat individuals can of course go counter to any trends)

I know bengals are usually quite a handful. Very energetic powerful cats that need a lot of stimulation and can often catch their new owners a bit unawares when they weren't quite ready for what a dynamo of a cat they've gotten.

are Ocicats calmer or just as high maintenance?
post #50 of 52
I think Bengals, Ocicats and Aby's are nearly tied in the agility/affection/high maintenance departments.

All 3 of these breeds are lovable hooligans that engage their owners in activities, pranks, hyjinx, and games, mixing in warm affectionate moments throughout the day.

Each of these breeds need alot of attention from their owners. These are not cats to be ignored! 1 to 3 hours per day of hands on time with these cats is the norm. They want to be in the midst of everything and owners should know upfront that a kitten/cat of these breeds, needs at least as much attention as a dog would expect.

With these 3 breeds, who wouldn't want to spend that time with them?
post #51 of 52
Thread Starter 
I do know that most Ocicat breeders don't like to place an Oci in a home with no other high energy cats or a dog or someone that works all day. They get bored fast and need interactive people/pets.

If you are the type that likes "show-off" cats like persians/himalayans, then you do NOT want an Ocicat They are not ones to sit around to be admired - they are in-your-face to be admired cats
post #52 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals View Post
I think Bengals, Ocicats and Aby's are nearly tied in the agility/affection/high maintenance departments.

All 3 of these breeds are lovable hooligans that engage their owners in activities, pranks, hyjinx, and games, mixing in warm affectionate moments throughout the day.

Each of these breeds need alot of attention from their owners. These are not cats to be ignored! 1 to 3 hours per day of hands on time with these cats is the norm. They want to be in the midst of everything and owners should know upfront that a kitten/cat of these breeds, needs at least as much attention as a dog would expect.

With these 3 breeds, who wouldn't want to spend that time with them?
Totally agreed! My Bulan is currently being "boarded" with a friend in HK who is strictly a Persian person and she just doesn't quite know what to make of her!!!

However, she is falling in love with Bulan - my friend get quite exhausted just watching her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
I do know that most Ocicat breeders don't like to place an Oci in a home with no other high energy cats or a dog or someone that works all day. They get bored fast and need interactive people/pets.

If you are the type that likes "show-off" cats like persians/himalayans, then you do NOT want an Ocicat They are not ones to sit around to be admired - they are in-your-face to be admired cats
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Showing and Ethical Breeding