DH ran over Lizzie

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dh ran over our dog Monday night. I went inside to get some shoes for DS, and he was putting the motorcycle away. Well Lizzie was out with my sister and as soon as hubby opened the gate to put the motorcycle in Lizzie ran across the yard and started her usual annoying barking at the bike, and trying to bite at the tires. Well before DH could put on the breaks he ran her over. One minute she was in front of the bike and the next she was under it. DH and my step dad lifted the bike and she ran away like nothing had happened.

DH doesnt even know where exactly he hit her. We took her to the vet and he couldnt find any bruises, no broken bones, no bleeding. I say she got off really lucky.

What the heck am I going to do with this dog? She was doing so much better and now shes back to her annoying self

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im so frustrated because things always seem to happen the minute I turn away! I mean I wasnt even in the house for 10 seconds when this happened!

Im glad shes ok, Im just so worried that she is putting herself in such danger! This girl has an endless amount of energy and no matter how hard we try and tire her out she always has energy left to do one of her bad things!

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she's ok, that must have been very scary. Does she know the come command, if not teach it, and teach it well. There is a great dog forum called www.chazhound.com/forums you should check it out and ask a few questions to get Lizzie under more control so she is safer.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chaz is a great forum but you need to have a pretty thick skin there because people can be very harsh to beginners. The welfare of dogs is often so uppermost that the welfare of posters gets forgotten!

I am Rubylove there if you need any training advice.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JulieKit

ran over our dog Monday night. I went inside to get some shoes for
, and he was putting the motorcycle away. Well Lizzie was out with my sister and as soon as hubby opened the gate to put the motorcycle in Lizzie ran across the yard and started her usual annoying barking at the bike, and trying to bite at the tires. Well before
could put on the breaks he ran her over. One minute she was in front of the bike and the next she was under it.
and my step dad lifted the bike and she ran away like nothing had happened.

doesnt even know where exactly he hit her. We took her to the vet and he couldnt find any bruises, no broken bones, no bleeding. I say she got off really lucky.

What the heck am I going to do with this dog? She was doing so much better and now shes back to her annoying self
Are DH and DS codes only known to a few?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

DH - dear/darling hubby
DS - dear/darling son
Thanks. I must admit I was starting to see that this guy DH was really getting around and that all the women were talking about him, it really had me going!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That must have been so frightening! I'm glad she is ok!

Wish I had some advice for you but I have very little experience with dogs.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad that she is ok, our dog Opie does the same thing kinda, when my husband starts the motorcycle Opie just goes nuts in the back yard, he does the same thing with the four wheeler.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow she got off lucky. Sounds like she should either be put away in the house when she can't be watched or controlled, or walked on a leash so this can't happen again.

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sucks she cant behave. I take her for walks down to the park every night, and she isnt outside unless someone can watch her. I just feel so frustrated that we have this enormous yard and she cannot be trusted to enjoy any of it!

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Chaz is a great forum but you need to have a pretty thick skin there because people can be very harsh to beginners. The welfare of dogs is often so uppermost that the welfare of posters gets forgotten!

I am Rubylove there if you need any training advice.

I think i'll drop by there again. Ive actually been on for some time, just dont post any more. Im LizzieCollie!