Embarrassing email moments!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just had a very embarrassing email error. A family friend sent me a cute life-lesson poem. I decided to forward it on to 4 friends. After I sent it I realized I had accidentally picked a contact in my hotmail list that wasn't my friend but an old boss that I haven't worked with in 4 years and who no longer lives in my country!!!!

Does anyone else have any embarrassing email moments to share?

Does anyone know if there is a way to retrieve emails already sent when you immediatly realize you sent the note to the wrong person!?

I have one story I heard from a friend. Her boss was meaning to send an email to some official at 'Head office' with her present salary. She accidently did something in the CC section that sent the email to everyone in her address book! Oops. Supposedly she ran around the office telling all her employees to erase the email that she just sent them. Because she was not liked, no one erased it. Eeks! Scary story.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of our engineers in Scotland and I regularly email each other to let off steam about things that are frustrating us about work - it helps to relieve the tension. He recently received a less than helpful mail from his line manager, after requesting some help from his line manager. His manager had basically said he was far to busy to help him and that he should sort it out himself!

In frustration, my friend forwarded the mail onto me, sayng "God, if this is the kind of help we get from the management is it any wonder we are struggling to acheieve our targets - we never get any help from that lot. If only everyone was as customer orientated as me and you..............."

.............at least that is what he thought he had done - what he had actually done was hit 'reply' and had sent the above rant right back to his line manager........................ooops!!!!!!! Not a good move - fortunately, he had the guts to approach his boss and was completely upfront about what he had done - could have been a whole lot worse.................

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am still imagining if u would have sent my findings on craiglist

lets see....try emailing a teacher about and assignment and also to let him no that ur works going to be late because ur internet sux and u got the assignment completley right except u put it down for a different class and yet the teacher still didnt catch on that it was his assignment I was just mixing up my classes in the email...then try explaining that to him after he emails u back that i need to email the right teach
so I reread my email about 3 times and relized what I did wrong, and I still dont know if I am doing the assignment right
i seem to have bad luck when it comes to emailing teachers because i either mix up the assignments or the classes
but this one just happened last week so thats why i remembered that although i found more laughter out of it than embaressment ecspecially since its an online school but the teacher had actually worked at my highschool ....But I do remember one time I sent something compltely wrong to a teacher and I couldnt delete it I tired so hard to figure out a way and never could but at least nothing was emailed back to me about it

Also I am happy that I have a whole different email for school rather than my normal one...who knows what kind of emails i would accidently send all them time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

I am still imagining if u would have sent my findings on craiglist

lets see....try emailing a teacher about and assignment and also to let him no that ur works going to be late because ur internet sux and u got the assignment completley right except u put it down for a different class and yet the teacher still didnt catch on that it was his assignment I was just mixing up my classes in the email...then try explaining that to him after he emails u back that i need to email the right teach
so I reread my email about 3 times and relized what I did wrong, and I still dont know if I am doing the assignment right
i seem to have bad luck when it comes to emailing teachers because i either mix up the assignments or the classes
but this one just happened last week so thats why i remembered that although i found more laughter out of it than embaressment ecspecially since its an online school but the teacher had actually worked at my highschool
This story makes me laugh too! At least you don't have a crush on this teacher (which would make it into a big comedy of errors).
When I was in univerisity I had a big crush on a professor. We had a department social one night and he gave some of us students a lift back from the pub in his car. Somehow I left my lipstick in the back seat. It was a favourite lipstick that was an expensive gift from my mom, so I really wanted it back. I had to go up to him after class and ask if he could look for it. My face was beet red through the whole conversation. I did get it back the next day, and his face was beet red!
Sorry, I'm going against my thread email topic but your story brought back this memory! Must be Valentine's fever....

On another note, email can be dangerous!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

This story makes me laugh too! At least you don't have a crush on this teacher (which would make it into a big comedy of errors).
When I was in univerisity I had a big crush on a professor. We had a department social one night and he gave some of us students a lift back from the pub in his car. Somehow I left my lipstick in the back seat. It was a favourite lipstick that was an expensive gift from my mom, so I really wanted it back. I had to go up to him after class and ask if he could look for it. My face was beet red through the whole conversation. I did get it back the next day, and his face was beet red!
Sorry, I'm going against my thread email topic but your story brought back this memory! Must be Valentine's fever....

On another note, email can be dangerous!
Luckily I didnt have a crush on him...but alot of my friends did for some reason
Although when a teacher calls home i hate it and last time the teacher laughed at me she asked me why did my grade drop so bad and I told her the truth that my cat was misssing for all of decemeber and someone brought him into the ARL and we thought he wasnt going to make it well I thought he could fight it which he did and I was up all night and went to bed when my mom came home from work and i was with him every waking moment of the day pretty much and she said that was a new excuse and i was like huh i am telling the truth...my cats are my family

And let me tell u I do have alot of embarrasing moments for some reason
But emails can be DANGEROUS i dont have contacts any more for that reason

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did the teacher at least understand and give you a break?
Somewhat, but the grading period was already over so I didnt really care I just dropped a few later grade but i wasnt failing at least
but all is well and I am getting caught up and staying with this semester but she did thank me for being honest

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never had an embarassing email moment but once I sent a text message saying hey sexy boy to who I thought was my boyfriend, just to get one back a few minutes later saying ummm wrong person. I typed the phone number in wrong when I was sending it.

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't believe I am going to share this. Cause I think this one will take the cake. I haven't spoken about it since it happened. This is the most embarassing thing that has ever happened to me period.

A few years back. I had been single for quite sometime. Almost 2 years. I met a guy, we became boyfriend and girlfriend and eventually "hooked up". Know what I mean?

Well it had been awhile since I had seen any action. The next day I went to email my friend. I was pretty graphic in the email about EVERYTHING! Go to send it, and I accidently sent it to my business math teacher at college.

Oh yeah..I believe the title of that email was "I Finally did it." lmao..

Needless to say I sat in the back of his class for the rest of the quarter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did he ever acknowledge that he received it or give you funny looks? Was there any indication that you had sent it to a friend (like did you start the email, dear Jane, for example?).

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Did he ever acknowledge that he received it or give you funny looks? Was there any indication that you had sent it to a friend (like did you start the email, dear Jane, for example?).
Well I usually speak to my friends as a "hey chick"

He just gave me weird looks, or at least I felt he did. It's one of those things that you are super sensitive to after it happens.