Blizzard Footage! For those of you who would like to experience a Chicago winter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Yes, it IS that bad and yes, I was one of the business-as-usual folks. You have to go to rehearsals when you're dead, and like my clueless yuppie employers would come home early and give their kids a ride home to save me the trouble of getting ice-shards blown into my eyes by the 50mph wind gusts!

le sigh. So glad I have tomorrow morning OFF!

Oh, and here's another rant:

Dear Everyone Who Lives in My Neighborhood,

Please shovel your walks. Just...do it. It's the law, technically. This is the city and people actually use the sidewalks here, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and even when it's snowing really hard! It's not that difficult. If you can shovel out your parking space, you can shovel your sidewalk. Thank you!

Love,
Allie

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went on a school trip back in middle school to Chicago- unfortunately it was the same time a bilzzard hit. Us Memphians had NEVER seen that much snow in our lives

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I went on a school trip back in middle school to Chicago- unfortunately it was the same time a bilzzard hit. Us Memphians had NEVER seen that much snow in our lives
OMG! I can just imagine your faces!

I went to Chicago once...we drove throught a little bridge-y thingy....it was lower there...like 30 mins later we see in our hotel room that it was completely flooded with rain water! I just love Chicago's weather!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

OMG! I can just imagine your faces!

I went to Chicago once...we drove throught a little bridge-y thingy....it was lower there...like 30 mins later we see in our hotel room that it was completely flooded with rain water! I just love Chicago's weather!
We thought we were at the north pole
We had a mssive snowball fight at the chicago zoo- and i'm soooo short that the snow they had piled up on eithor side of the side walks- when i walked through part of it- it eventually froze my pants legs- many that's painful! Burr!!! I will say though- Chicago has AWESOME pizza!!!
And the Water Tower Atrium- wow- shopping fun!
I liked it a lot when we went. But it was definitely too cold

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say, my favorite scene from that video is seeing a person cross country skiing down Lakeshore Drive! Heck, I was joking around with my mom about snowshoeing out my door, but there is a person really making the most of the situation!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Believe it or not, in the mountains of So. California, we had a few storms similiar to that last year at this time.

When I say similiar, I mean less severe than Chicago, but we did get about 4 feet in a weekend. 2 or 3 different times. And, I was working the ski lifts at that time...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's funny is that right now, it looks so peaceful outside! The sun is peaking out a little, and people are finally shoveling the sidewalk!

Too bad the wind chill is like -5 and we're still getting big fat gusts of wind off the lake

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

I have to say, my favorite scene from that video is seeing a person cross country skiing down Lakeshore Drive! Heck, I was joking around with my mom about snowshoeing out my door, but there is a person really making the most of the situation!
I use to do that with my kids all the time in the winter, except I put them in a sled. I use to sled them to the grocery store, the bank, etc. They loved it and it avoided me having 2 small kids in the car in that weather.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's still snowing here this morning. Hubby went in to work this morning and it took him a bit longer to get there. I opted for a "mental health" day. Our daughter was supposed to fly to Philadelphia this morning around 10. The flight has been cancelled and she's now at the airport waiting for another flight which may (or may not) go at 3:00 pm. Apparently the delay is because the Philadelphia airport is closed and they have to wait until it re-opens. Naturally, I'm worried about her.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 15" and are supposed to get 4" more before it stops. I had to work this morning BUT we only had 32 kids in the whole center and about 18 workers so I just got home and hear they are shutting I-71 down and the main route I take to and from work which is a HUGE main road is snow covered and icy. Some guy actually almost rear-ended me because he thought it would be cool to go fast and he had to pull off the road slowly or he would have hit me hard.

ANYWAYS, I know exactly how you guys feel

I just wanna go skiing again

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

It's still snowing here this morning. Hubby went in to work this morning and it took him a bit longer to get there. I opted for a "mental health" day. Our daughter was supposed to fly to Philadelphia this morning around 10. The flight has been cancelled and she's now at the airport waiting for another flight which may (or may not) go at 3:00 pm. Apparently the delay is because the Philadelphia airport is closed and they have to wait until it re-opens. Naturally, I'm worried about her.
I just heard from a friend in Philly, Linda. She says it's pretty bad, and expects tomorrow to be a "snow day", too.

swammi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Yes, it IS that bad and yes, I was one of the business-as-usual folks. You have to go to rehearsals when you're dead, and like my clueless yuppie employers would come home early and give their kids a ride home to save me the trouble of getting ice-shards blown into my eyes by the 50mph wind gusts!

le sigh. So glad I have tomorrow morning OFF!

Oh, and here's another rant:

Dear Everyone Who Lives in My Neighborhood,

Please shovel your walks. Just...do it. It's the law, technically. This is the city and people actually use the sidewalks here, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and even when it's snowing really hard! It's not that difficult. If you can shovel out your parking space, you can shovel your sidewalk. Thank you!

Love,
Allie
holy crap!!!!! I would be ranting too!