I met will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How awesome is that??!!!! He was great - so funny, and oh-so-cool!

I have a pic with him, and I'll upload when I get home tonight.

Such a cool afternoon!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He came to my work and showed us how he mixes songs using vocal, piano, bass and drum tracks using software on his Mac. It was awesome to watch - he was just so funny

He told a bit about his life as well and how the band was formed.

He was just sooooooo cooool!!! I said a few words to him afterwards and he said "ohhhhh are you from Brisbane". I was like "WHAT??!!". He said "yeah I picked the Brisbane accent. I couldn't believe not only did he know I was Australian, but he picked the "Brisbane" accent!! We really don't have accents in Australia and I certainly can't pick a Brisbane from a Sydney accent!

Very impressive!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I would love to meet Fergie too, I love her, she's so COOL
I love her new song Glamorous!

Sarah, your so lucky to have met him, I woulda asked for an autograph or picture

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a pic with him don't you worry about that!!!!!!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do you work that he would show you guys all that stuff?
That's so cool!! Post that pic, girlie!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

He came to my work and showed us how he mixes songs using vocal, piano, bass and drum tracks using software on his Mac. It was awesome to watch - he was just so funny

He told a bit about his life as well and how the band was formed.

He was just sooooooo cooool!!! I said a few words to him afterwards and he said "ohhhhh are you from Brisbane". I was like "WHAT??!!". He said "yeah I picked the Brisbane accent. I couldn't believe not only did he know I was Australian, but he picked the "Brisbane" accent!! We really don't have accents in Australia and I certainly can't pick a Brisbane from a Sydney accent!

Very impressive!
Yeah, right you don't have accents!
You sure do! Everyone does. I used to think I didn't coming from Toronto, as all the US newcasters sound like me (I thought). When I visited a Canadian friend in the UK, her British friends there commented on my thick Canandian accent. I had no idea! I thought my accent was very clean ie. with no accent. Not true at all. Accents are very subjective.

Cool about meeting the Black Eyed Peas! Great photo!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't mean we don't have accents, I meant we don't have regional accents. I think someone from the south, someone from the north, and people from the east and west coasts of Australia sound just the same. Whereas people in the UK and the US have very different accents depending on where you come from.

I've just uploaded the video of what he was doing. This is the final product. He'd videoed himself playing a bunch of different instruments, and did a rap track, then showed how he lays them all down in this computer program. He fiddles with them to make them the right beat and length by picking and choosing little bits he likes from what he recorded, then adds effects if needed, then puts them on a loop, then when he's happy he can do what he wants with it. In this he made it into an mp3, then uploaded it to his website as a ringtone, then put a price on it to show how that whole process works. Very cool!

will.i.am's ringtone!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is SO cool Sarah!!! I've seen them in concert, they really rocked!!!

Kenz, I love the song Glamorous too.... Jazzy got her CD for x-mas.....you know I burned myself a copy immediately right?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I i classify my self as an aussie and i still cant tell the difference although.. i can tell when they arent from melbourne and im proud to say i got a melbourne accent!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never really listened to the Black Eyed Peas much....I like one of their songs. However, someone who goes by the name of Lil Sis burned me a CD yesterday...all it contains is Fergie's Fergilicious!
I must admit, I love that song!

That is so awesome that you got ot me will.i.am!!! You look great in the photo, too!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys, it was definitely the highlight of my week! I work at Google, and we get seriously spoilt. We had John Legend in 2 weeks ago performing, and now will.i.am. They both came for free because they think Google is cool.

It certainly keeps people happy!!!

And to top off how cool I think Google is, today the powers that be approved $2500 to be put towards paying for spay and neutering the ferals on the Google campus as well as buying a couple of traps!!

To say I'm in a good mood in an understatement!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Thanks guys, it was definitely the highlight of my week! I work at Google, and we get seriously spoilt. We had John Legend in 2 weeks ago performing, and now will.i.am. They both came for free because they think Google is cool.

It certainly keeps people happy!!!

And to top off how cool I think Google is, today the powers that be approved $2500 to be put towards paying for spay and neutering the ferals on the Google campus as well as buying a couple of traps!!

To say I'm in a good mood in an understatement!
Wow, thats amazing!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sarah, that is so cool! Google sounds like a fantastic place to work. Do you have "what's up Googlerz" as your ringtone now?

As for the Aussie regional accents - my DH lived in Canberra for a year. He's good at picking up accents. A few years later in Scotland he totally freaked out this Australian guy by asking what suburb of Canberra he was from. Guy thought we were stalking him or something!
He can really pick out the slight regional differences. Whereas me, I just always thought all Aussies sound a little funny.