Hello all! Glad to be here!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I just joined this site today, and I'm looking forward to spending some time here with fellow kitty lovers. I adore all my little four-footed children, and truly, they are my children.

I have an eight year old domestic tabby named Noel, who ... is the matriarch of the bunch. She keeps everyone in line. She's also the one that follows me everywhere I go, and is the most dedicated to me.

I have a two year old Egyptian Mau, warm bronze, who was a bit of a rescue, but is a wonderful addition to our family. She's the timid sweet shy one. And she likes to curl up under the blankets so she feels secure (and warm, I'm sure). She is Bagheera.

I also have a new kitten... I've been affectionately calling her the marbled menace. She's a brown marble tabby Bengal. She's quite a character. We named her Joyeux, to go with Noel (who we also got at Christmas time..hence the name).

Also in the household is an F3 Bengal, who belongs to my sister. He's definitely a character all on his own, and quite an interesting sort. He's quite lovely.. and has a lot of wild ways about him. He is, appropriately so he thinks, Shere Khan.

Just departed from our home was another Bengal girl, who I loved dearly. She died a tragic death, on Thanksgiving and I still have not recovered from it. Noel is suffering a lot too, and often searches the house for her. She's not been so bad lately, as the kitten is helping her too. Her name was Riki Tiki Tavi.. we called her the tiny terrorist when she was little, and Tavi more recently. She was a packrat, just like Riki Tiki Tavi was too. Couldn't leave anything sitting around within her reach.. she'd steal it and then it would be up to you to figure out where her latest stash was. I still haven't brought myself to get into at least two stashes that I know she had before she died.

Unfortunately, we also had to get rid of our Great Dane, who was the reason for the tragic death of my lovely little thief. So not only did we lose the cat, but we also had to find a new home for a severly mistreated and finally rescued loving dog.

Anyway, on to a brighter note. Our household is finally starting to come together again. Hopefully things will feel right again here soon. All the kitties seem to be making the adjustment and they are doing very well with the kitten. I've been considering adding a Tonk to our mix.

Take care all, and hopefully I'll get some pictures of all my babies up sometime soon.

~Heather, Noel, Bagheera and Joyeux (Khan is monitoring over the shoulder)

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and a warm welcome to you
its sounds like things are pretty busy at your house
Hopefully as you mention things are getting back to normal, it must have been very difficult to loose a kitty then have to re-home a beloved dog

Its great here, theres always something to do or see, it soon becomes a full time addiction

Once you get settled maybe you could post us some photos
we just love photos here

Well glad you joined us and enjoy the forums !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it was difficult. I share a home with my sister, and recently my nephew moved out and back to our home town... the Dane was his. The woman we "rescued" her from (we didn't realize when we got her that it was *that* much of a rescue.. but that's a story for a different forum, lol), anyway... she had a ton of issues, and the woman completely lied to us about her. We went into the entire thing blind.. and were then saddled with a 140 pound dog that had possession issues..among other things. It was just a tragic situation all the way around.

Unfortuantely, I was a proponent of getting rid of the dog after the first incident.. I was petrified that one of my babies would be hurt. I love all animals, though, don't get me wrong. I just love my cats most. My sister was keeping the Dane for my nephew. She was a 98% great dog.

As I sit here, the marbled menace is zipping around, terrorizing all the others...four pound kitty, 400 pound attitude. She yells about everything. She's such a ferocious little lion. Bless the other kitties' patience! Hehe.

Overall, though, they're not too bad except at feeding time. Other than that, you'd be hard pressed to know there were four kitties here.

I have some photos. I will try to get some posted. I just need to figure out how and where... but yay! I have today off due to the weather!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
welcome to TCS, this is such a great place and is filled with such wonderful people, and also this site is fun and can be informative
ur kitties all sound wonderful I cant wait to see pics
we
pics here.. I am also sorry for ur loss and also the doggy leaving with ur nephew
!! Well see u on the forums

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear of your tragedies, that was so terrible having to lose two of your babies. You really have my deepest sympathies. Welcome to TCS, I'm kinda new myself and have really enjoyed being a part of this great group, know you will be happy here also.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thank you. I've been having a good time... and gosh, people are going to get sick of hearing from me, hehe. I've been posting all over the place!

I posted some pictures in the picture forum, of my little devilish darlings (and my sister's).

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Tavi...I can only imagine the horrible story that goes with it. My condolences to your entire family.

Welcome to all of you to TCS, though!
If you have any questions as you find your way around the site, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I'm happy to help.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Noel, Bagheera, Joyeux, Shere Khan, and Heather

to TheCatSite and may we offer our sincere condolences to you on the loss of your sweet little Tavi. We know how bad it feels to lose a beloved feline family member under tragic circumstances, and we know how sad little Noel must be feeling, as they were obviously so close. This has happened in our family in the past as well, not from any dogs in the family as we're not dog people at all, but a long time ago, my husband would not let me bring a new kitten in before our previous yard was fenced -- suffice to say that if I had been able to find those dogs, they would have been history.
Now, all nine of our cats are indoor-only, and spayed/neutered of course; all are rescued, and the light of my life!

We hope you'll share some photos with us -- we love photos here!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Olivia's mommy

Hi Heather,

your kitties are just adorable!
Hehe, thank you! They're brats (nothing to do with me spoiling them), but I luv em.